This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who here has both a desktop and a laptop

#21Killah PriestPosted 7/6/2014 8:38:52 AM
I have a few desktops, a couple laptops, a few netbooks, and a tablet.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#22TehPwnzererPosted 7/6/2014 8:42:06 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
I don't really understand the purpose to a laptop or tablet if you have a smartphone. If bigger screen real estate is all you want, then a phablet like the Note 3 or Nokia 1520 can act as a bridge between a phone and a tabet for productivity. Most ot the time you're going to be browsing the web or watching netflix on it so why not carry something you can keep in your pocket.

I got my LG gpad for free when I upgraded to the HTC One m8 so that was neat

Free is always nice.
#23BigAl519Posted 7/6/2014 8:44:32 AM
Building a new gaming desktop currently and have an MSI CX70 laptop. Have a Asus tablet that sits in a drawer as well.
---
Everyone run for cover! The durpocalypse has begun!
#24SzurkuletPosted 7/6/2014 9:05:41 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Own a laptop and tablet. You never know when you need them.

I know when you'll need them. Never.
---
What a charming prospect - the offer of oral copulation in exchange for pizza. If only the battle of Trafalgar was won in such a fashion. - Matt Berry/Snuff Box
#25castrejon04Posted 7/6/2014 9:13:27 AM
I have a 6 year old laptop that I mainly use for internet and a bit of emulation. I installed a top end SSD to make windows run better than new and faster than any laptop you can buy at the store right now.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#26MyDogSkipPosted 7/6/2014 9:19:43 AM(edited)
castrejon04 posted...
I have a 6 year old laptop that I mainly use for internet and a bit of emulation. I installed a top end SSD to make windows run better than new and faster than any laptop you can buy at the store right now.

lol is it 2010 in here? Plenty of laptops come with SSDs now. A 6 year old laptop probably won't have SATA III, either. It's definitely not "faster than any laptop you can buy at the store right now."
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#27BannedMomPosted 7/6/2014 9:25:25 AM
^ Agreed.

New ones right now come out with 64~128gb SSD. It's pretty normal.
---
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.
#28MadPinoRagePosted 7/6/2014 9:30:53 AM
I have a desktop for gaming and everyday use, and a laptop for portability for work.
---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
#29klaxenderPosted 7/6/2014 9:36:13 AM
Have both. My wife and daughter pretty much stole the laptop though. Not a big deal since it's a big heavy gateway from about five years ago. Still play a few games on it when we travel and it does decent for what it is.
---
PSN/Steam ID: klaxender
#30datopgamerPosted 7/6/2014 9:56:36 AM
I have a gaming desktop, gaming laptop, nexus 7 2013 and a note 3. Never know when one might come in handy. Laptop is good for when I'm on the go and wanna get a game in.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!