This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Diablo 3 +Reaper of Souls better than Path of Exile?

#21ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/6/2014 7:46:05 AM
Knighted Dragon posted...
Yep, every single post in the history of humankind that insults PoE has been closet Diablo fanboys making things up.

That, or maybe they actually did change the game and made it better which is why every single time ARPG topics come up, everyone says Diablo 3 is far better than PoE now. GASP

It's happening for the same reason everyone is saying Civ 5 is better than Civ 4. Casual hivemind bullcrap.

Everyone admits that Diablo 3 and Civ 5 sucked at the beginning, because you can't make excuses and spin crappy features as a good thing, but as time goes on they put more and more bandages on a fundamentally flawed piece of crap, to the point where people can bring up all these "fixes" that don't fix anything and they scream about how much better it is. If it sucked at the beginning, it sucks now, because not that much has changed.

Also, online only, no LAN. Nothing you say will ever make that okay. PoE and Marvel get a pass because they're free.
#22Jedi454Posted 7/6/2014 7:48:25 AM
Path of Exile = Hard ARPG with a very large/ diverse skill tree, build variety, "challenging" currency system and brutal end game

Diablo 3 (w/o expansion) = Casual ARPG with very little build variety, easy to obtain loot, basic currency system, colourful graphics and boring end game after Inferno. It's easier to get into though.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#23ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/6/2014 7:50:40 AM
Diablo 3 is click to win.
#24AsucaHayashiPosted 7/6/2014 8:30:47 AM
Also, online only, no LAN. Nothing you say will ever make that okay.

putting offline in consoles has already been proven to destroy the online component since nearly everybody is sporting hacked or duped items and it has reached the point where people had to actively search for "legit" players to play with on various forums and gameboards(if the online isn't dead already).

i have no doubt the same thing will happen with PS4 and xbone versions(same online networks and all).

maybe b.net is more reliable(lolasif since we've already seen lots of unintended s*** like the gold dupe exploit) but as somebody with reliable internet, i don't mind sacrificing offline play if it means a 99% pure(not 100% cuz you never know) experience where everybody plays by the same rules.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#25ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/6/2014 8:32:09 AM(edited)
AsucaHayashi posted...
i don't mind sacrificing offline play

I legitimately hate you.
#26AsucaHayashiPosted 7/6/2014 8:36:17 AM
cherryediting is fun no?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#27KhelThuzadPosted 7/6/2014 8:36:50 AM
I had been playing PoE for countless hours. I've been creating various interesting and cra*** builds, I've been trying to rule the leaderboards, I've been racing to obtain Unique rewards... And I still think it's one of the best RPGs (right behind D2).

D3 is more shiny, more polished. and that's that.
---
Trolling? Better get the facts right or get owned.
#28YuniuninuniunPosted 7/6/2014 8:46:45 AM
Grim Dawn has the best everything out of the games in the genre, besides randomness, since the main world is persistent.
Fun combat, nice customization, crafting, good combat, decent story(nobody really cares), fun gear, and best graphics. Though the game is not finished and as far as I can remember has no multiplayer yet.

Otherwise

Diablo III has way better gameplay than PoE, but lacks in new things and costs money. Also terrible customization compared to PoE but it still has some. Note that if you mess your build up there's no penalty and you can change on the fly at any time.

Path of Exile has way better customization but the overall gameplay sucks until around level 60+ which takes hours to get to if you're inexperienced. Also if you happen to mess up your build on your way to 60 you'll either have to farm hours for items to reset one point at a time or sell your body out for those items. I'd suggest restarting at that point. Pathe Of Exile does have fun leagues though and is free, but be wary of desync which will NEVER be fixed.
---
Friendly reminder to never play a game published by PWE (Perfect World Entertainment)
#29jake-sfPosted 7/6/2014 8:54:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30Kad-ManPosted 7/6/2014 8:59:14 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
No. People make up crap about PoE being bland and boring because they paid $60 for an online only game that sucks, so now every time there's a patch, they proclaim that literally everything is fixed. They've been doing it for 2 years. Don't bother with Diablo 3.

Just play PoE. It's free.

I got D3&Xpac for free and I still think its better then the clunky crap that is POE.