This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

minecraft pocket edition now becomes pc edition

#1snkboiPosted 7/6/2014 8:25:19 AM
http://tinyurl.com/oc73m86

i'm interested in the superior pocket edition now, and minecraft has sold 54 million copies since release
---
i think it's nice
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 7/6/2014 8:27:01 AM
Terraria > Minecraft
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3NGd72Posted 7/6/2014 8:27:32 AM
Blockscape is something to look out for
#4hk7111Posted 7/6/2014 1:12:45 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Terraria > Minecraft

Meh, To be honest its Kinda an apple to oranges comparison.
---
Steam: Hk1777, Gtag: RAlNB0W D4SH (Yes its an L) Psn: hk1777
PC, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS, Xbox 360, Wii, Iphone, Ipad, 17 Kyocera Hydros (Not joking)
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 7/6/2014 1:23:27 PM
hk7111 posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Terraria > Minecraft

Why do I always see Terraria described as a '2d Minecraft' then?
---
#6Z_hunter91Posted 7/6/2014 1:30:26 PM(edited)
Cool_Dude667 posted...
hk7111 posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Terraria > Minecraft

Because it's not.
Minecraft is about building, mods and custom created maps, whilst Terraria is all about combat and getting better equipment.

You can't compare them because they're completely the opposite of each other.
Least that's the way I see it.
---
Pokemon Y: 1418-7097-6280 (Simon).
Flying: Spearow | Swanna | Rufflet
#7pwnater777Posted 7/6/2014 1:29:05 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
hk7111 posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Terraria > Minecraft

Because it pretty much is. I assume he means that there's a lot that separates them and they each have their own respective fanbases. They're alike but different.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#8SteamsterPosted 7/6/2014 1:44:43 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
hk7111 posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Terraria > Minecraft

Because that's what people said when Terraria first came out and before anybody even played it.

Nobody who has any clue has said that since then though. Don't know why you're still stuck in the past.
#9ElDudorinoPosted 7/6/2014 2:08:49 PM
Oh God, is this argument really happening again?

There's a game where you start out more or less alone and naked in a harsh wilderness and have to begin digging for materials to make equipment and build yourself a shelter. You can use any material nearby to build it but if you build with sand it will be affected by gravity and can even collapse on you if you dig underneath it, hurting you, whereas dirt and stone and most other materials somehow do not appear to be affected by gravity. Anyway, you'll get started with your building during the day but you'll want to be protected by night because zombies and other creatures will appear at night to attack you if you happen to be above-ground. Underground, monsters will appear regardless and you'll be at risk if you're in the dark, so you'll want to create torches to light your way. As you dig up more materials you'll gain access to better equipment which in turn allows you to access higher-level materials and ore to create even better equipment, including sets of armor with pieces you can mix and match and weapons like bows and swords, to protect yourself and enable you to build cooler stuff. As you dig deeper, you'll find better equipment but you'll also find lava that you need to work around and avoid, or mix with water to create obsidian which you can then dig up and use as a material. It's a sandbox game so there isn't really a main goal per se but there are bosses who are pretty much optional to fight and who give you access to more stuff in addition to giving you something else to do. You sometimes have to do some crafting to actually spawn the bosses, however.

What game am I describing? Well, one of two: Minecraft or Terraria. If I throw in "2D" then I'm talking about Terraria, and if I throw in "3D" then I'm talking about Minecraft. YES, Terraria is 2D Minecraft. And Minecraft is 3D Terraria. If you refuse to admit that then you probably aren't in a position to accuse other people of not having played the games.

The difference is that building in 2D isn't really that interesting but combat and exploration can be really fun because it feels arcade-style, whereas the switch to 3D means you can have a lot more fun building but the combat doesn't have that frantic, arcadey feel (not to mention it just plain isn't very good in Minecraft even beyond the fact that it's 3D). The focus on combat also means that you'll want to work more towards getting cool gear, which is why there's more gear progression in Terraria, whereas Minecraft is really just about building and cave-diving with the occasional clumsy combat thrown in. Don't ever kid yourself into thinking that Terraria isn't a 2D Minecraft, though.
#10Cool_Dude667Posted 7/6/2014 2:50:57 PM
Steamster posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
hk7111 posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Terraria > Minecraft

Because that's what people said when Terraria first came out and before anybody even played it.

Nobody who has any clue has said that since then though. Don't know why you're still stuck in the past.

Wait I thought you had me on your ignore list? :O
---