This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deus Ex Hong Kong level racist??

#21blade6321Posted 7/6/2014 12:03:24 PM
akuma634 posted...
It could have also been worse, it's not like they got Steven Colbert to do his "Ching Chong Ding Dong" character for the game.

You know that's satire right.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
Whose eyes are those eyes?
#22DieForMotherLandPosted 7/6/2014 12:08:39 PM(edited)
I'll admit, it's dumb for them to pronounce their L's as R's since that's a Japanese thing, but come on, do you expect people in these countries to speak perfect English with a clear accent?
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#23LvthnPosted 7/6/2014 12:16:54 PM
Total stereotype to depict Hong Kong full of Asians.
#24DiviDudePosted 7/6/2014 12:21:21 PM
Goldninja posted...
Really hard to tell if this is a troll attempt or idiocy. Considering the nature of all things PC, it could go either way.

TC hasn't posted in the thread since, so my vote is trolling. In either case, he deserves to be mocked.

Lord_Vader has crippling halitosis and webbed feet.
#25YumeOMiruPosted 7/6/2014 12:33:07 PM
Lord_Vader posted...
ue to supposed racial aspects (even some of them aren't as bad as this game in portraying ethnic minorities).

Never been to Japan now huh?
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#26KidInTheHallPosted 7/6/2014 12:38:42 PM(edited)
ror Jernas got himserf warned....

These are good topics.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#27iPr0kkaFTWPosted 7/6/2014 12:46:40 PM(edited)
It's not considered racism... Now think of Skyrim which had actual racism among the various races in Elder Scrolls. There's a Nord in Windhelm that is prejudice against the Dunmers (Dark Elves).

"Go back to Morrowind, Dark Elf maggots! You're not welcome here!"
"Get out of our city, gray-skins! This is Nord land!"
"We don't want your kind here, dark elves!"
"This place reeks of gray-skin filth!"
"You like living in this filthy slum, dark elves? Maybe you should go back to Morrowind, where you belong!"
#28ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/6/2014 12:49:51 PM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
It's not considered racism... Now think of Skyrim which had actual racism among the various races in Elder Scrolls. There's a Nord in Windhelm that is prejudice against the Dunmers (Dark Elves).

"Go back to Morrowind, Dark Elf maggots! You're not welcome here!"
"Get out of our city, gray-skins! This is Nord land!"
"We don't want your kind here, dark elves!"
"This place reeks of gray-skin filth!"
"You like living in this filthy slum, dark elves? Maybe you should go back to Morrowind, where you belong!"

Shut up.

Morrowind had slavery.
#29RPGMattPosted 7/6/2014 1:17:18 PM
Steamster posted...
TC, you're supposed to post this link if you want to use racism to troll. I think it's an incredibly juvenile and offensive thing to do, but it's your call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He09JaBVZdE

Not entirely on-topic, but the topic is bad anyway so... Does anyone else get annoyed by videos, articles etc where they always ask you "WHAT DO YOU THINK???" at the end? My first reaction is "stop trying to engage me for comments you piece of s***."
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#30Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 1:29:43 PM
DieForMotherLand posted...
I'll admit, it's dumb for them to pronounce their L's as R's since that's a Japanese thing, but come on, do you expect people in these countries to speak perfect English with a clear accent?

It's 2052. In Hong Kong (a major international city). You're telling me that not one person will have learned to speak English properly in what's arguably Asia's most important business center?
---
Live long and prosper.