This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the community in mobas so disgusting?

#1PotatosPlsPosted 7/7/2014 6:10:28 PM
I've been playing mobas since warcraft 3 - dota 2, even before that game was popular ,I played naruto wars, which was a type of AoS which played similar to league, dota, etc.

I played hon all the way through beta, quit once dota 2 beta came out and have been playing it since.

My question is,

why are the communities so repulsive?

I'll meet the occasional good player who will befriend me and will join my group of guys who queue together,

but generally when I solo queue I just shake my head at the nonsense teammates spout, the hatred thats shouted and ranted towards teammates who even make the slightest mistake.

Its mind blowing how people will give their bad friend a pass for playing poorly, but if a pub, non friend makes 1 single mistake, they blow them up all game and call them awful, and if they lose, its not their fault, but only the pubs.

The communities in not just dota or hon, even league as well are simply repulsive, and its one of the reasons I've lost interest in mobas.

I'm just tired of the community.

I have fun playing with my team and friends, but now that dota 2 has implemented the split mmr (solo and team queue) they're essentially saying, go and make friends.

i'm not saying I cant win games, on the contrary. Im just saying the people Im playing with generally have these elitist or just unreasonably rude mentalities, for no reason at all.

I just dont get why people aren't humble.

When I wasn't good, I took advice from players. asked for help. apologized for my mistakes, and when I do play poorly or cause mistakes I take responsibility for my actions. I've never seen this in pub games.

Its a miracle if someone acts like this that isn't a friend. thats how I typically make a friend. Lol. GG
---
"who said vita is dead now ??where are they ??
Hahahahhahahaha" ~Orinn24 in Type-0 announced for Vita Thread
#2pwnater777Posted 7/7/2014 6:14:16 PM
Everyone instantly thinks that there's seriously a chance for them to go pro and get millions of dollars (even though there's roughly a 99% chance they never will), and thus, they feel like everyone is below them since nobody else apparently can handle their elite LoL skillzzzz.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#3PotatosPls(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2014 6:15:14 PM
pwnater777 posted...
Everyone instantly thinks that there's seriously a chance for them to go pro and get millions of dollars (even though there's roughly a 99% chance they never will), and thus, they feel like everyone is below them since nobody else apparently can handle their elite LoL skillzzzz.

Lol.
gg.
---
"who said vita is dead now ??where are they ??
Hahahahhahahaha" ~Orinn24 in Type-0 announced for Vita Thread
#4TheNonBelieverPosted 7/7/2014 6:18:37 PM
free to play
---
Watching:Baka and Test
#5Hanlo_is_backPosted 7/7/2014 6:21:32 PM
Free to play
Competitive nature
Large underage playerbase
Frustrating mechanics
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#6AlphaWhelpPosted 7/7/2014 6:25:22 PM
Free to play means lil 13 year old Timmy doesn't need his parents to pay a monthly subscription for him.
---
Q: How can you tell when I'm trolling? A: I've made a post.
My first Java Applet: http://www.alphawhelp.com/tongue/
#7monkmithPosted 7/7/2014 6:31:42 PM
i always thought halo 2 multiplayer was bad, what with the rampant children screeching and cursing; but the dota community can be FAR worse.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#8OmegaFlare18Posted 7/7/2014 7:17:49 PM
my first match in about, what, 3-4 months in Dota 2 I ran into 3 Brazilians (or at least Spanish-speaking people) who went after everybody for not doing things correctly, pinging, 15 times in 3 seconds, typing in all caps...

yea, probably one of the reasons I stopped playing Dota 2 in the first place
---
Steam ID: mystr_E
http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=Z11U9T0Q
#9CommonJoePosted 7/7/2014 8:26:04 PM
Pretty much any super competitive game has people like that.

Whether its something with a high skill require like Starcraft or something as simple as COD4 2014 Edition.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#10JonWood007Posted 7/7/2014 8:38:49 PM
Because mobas are an intense team sport, and when you dont perform people who are way too into it get way too irate.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768