This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the community in mobas so disgusting?

#11AsellusPosted 7/7/2014 9:49:01 PM
It's easier to blame your teammates than yourself.
#12SaintZetsuPosted 7/7/2014 9:53:22 PM
JonWood007 posted...
Because mobas are an intense team game, and when you dont perform people who are way too into it get way too irate.

There
---
3DS FC: 0516 - 7479 - 8916 IGN: Michael
Strong independent bi transgendered black disabled gamer and proud
#13LvthnPosted 7/7/2014 9:58:43 PM
f2p
#14That1GuyyPosted 7/7/2014 11:42:32 PM
OmegaFlare18 posted...
my first match in about, what, 3-4 months in Dota 2 I ran into 3 Brazilians (or at least Spanish-speaking people) who went after everybody for not doing things correctly, pinging, 15 times in 3 seconds, typing in all caps...

yea, probably one of the reasons I stopped playing Dota 2 in the first place

Brazilians don't speak Spanish.

I'm not sure how it started, but I definitely think the mood of the community experiences a feed back loop effect. Some mad person rants at his teammates, those teammates will be more likely to rant at theirs in a later match, and so forth.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#15KamenRiderBladePosted 7/8/2014 12:11:03 AM
Immature players who can't objectively analzye actions and have way too much ego.

They always think they are flawless and everybody else is wrong.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#16TimePharaohPosted 7/8/2014 12:18:32 AM
JonWood007 posted...
Because mobas are an intense team sport, and when you dont perform people who are way too into it get way too irate.

lol
#170cu_87Posted 7/8/2014 12:37:05 AM
The community is disgusting in almost every team game.

CS? Disgusting community. LoL? Same here. Dota 2? Same here with the russian addition. CoD? Point proven. Same applies for MMOs with their dungeon runs.

The reason is not the game. It's the dude in front of its monitor, thinking he would be better than everyone else and the anonymity over the intarwebz.
---
"A mine is like a lover. You have to be gentle, so she welcomes you moist and hot." - Sheldon Skaggs, Witcher 2
#18ChronoAcePosted 7/8/2014 1:03:17 AM
F2P team based PvP game. Recipe for disaster there. Not to mention the average age is probably around 13-16.
#19KURRUPTORPosted 7/8/2014 5:45:47 AM
Yeah idk why people single out mobas for that sort of behavior. I played a lot of SC2 for a while and there are just as many qqing about why they only reason they lose is because I'm playing an OP race, or using a cheap strategy, etc; and about how I couldn't beat them in a legit fair match. If you respond at all (which granted I usually respond very sarcastically to that sort of thing) they fly off the handle and start with the personal insults real quick, quite often even continuing to message you after the game is done and you are just qued up for another match.

I think it seems worse in mobas at first because your more likely to run into someone like that every match since you are playing with 9 other people vs 1 other person. I'd say the percent of people that turn into whiny little cry babies when something goes wrong is about the same in both games though.

Then you have COD which (at least back in the MW2 days) was probably even worse, and I can't really imagine it has gotten any better since then.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#20pitt12177Posted 7/8/2014 6:17:48 AM
Children. The lower the cost to buy into the product, the easier inclusion of children who have spouts of inconsistency in gameplay and behavior. Their brains are not fully developed so they can't shake off failure or don't know how to respond to it. Same goes for people who are a bit older playing the game who rage -- they haven't developed any substantive relationships outside of video games that they treat it like it's their end-all-to-be-all.

TL;DR: Children are terrible.