This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the community in mobas so disgusting?

#21Sub TankPosted 7/8/2014 5:30:29 AM
Hanlo_is_back posted...
Free to play
Competitive nature
Large underage playerbase
Frustrating mechanics

And the most important, low APM. It gives people way too much downtime to be annoying. You could never type those many obscenities in other games without losing everything in the process.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
#22BombermanGoldPosted 7/8/2014 5:34:44 AM
Free game with low(ish) requirements for a system to play on. So the community will be a lot bigger. And thus a higher number of people who'll rage at the screen, not realizing there are usually people on the other end they're insulting (or they do and don't care unless said person goes over to their house and burns it down. It happened! True story!)
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#23GunmaN1905Posted 7/8/2014 5:38:14 AM
Only real answer: In no other game you depend as much on your teammates as you do in moba games.

In fps games you can win the game alone pretty much if you're really good. RTS games are mostly 1v1, so are fighting games, so are racing games, and sports games also. RPGs are all about gear.

You can't really win a moba game if your team is full of idiots. That idiots make you lose rank and play with other idiots. etc etc
#24OmegaBladesPosted 7/8/2014 5:43:50 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
Only real answer: In no other game you depend as much on your teammates as you do in moba games.

You can't really win a moba game if your team is full of idiots. That idiots make you lose rank and play with other idiots. etc etc

It's stuff like this that makes me not want to even try them. I've never played a moba game before, and the last thing I want is to get ridiculed for my ignorance for the week or so trying to simply figure out the game, or to try out new stuff that would be more of my play style, etc.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#25ClashtonnPosted 7/8/2014 5:47:06 AM
Has nothing to do with F2P.

It's because the games are extremely competitive and team based meaning:
1) If you mess up you cost them the game, and since it's so competitive that makes them angry.
2) People don't want to admit they cost the game so they want to blame you.

I just don't understand why anybody cares? It's not any more toxic than a gamefaqs message board. Either enjoy the trolling or ignore it.
#26yarsPosted 7/8/2014 5:52:27 AM
moba's also have the problem that if someone on your team sucks, the game can be effectively over for you 5-10 minutes in, but you might have to play for another 30 minutes before the game actually ends. and losing horribly is often not that fun. so if you suck it up for your team, you've potentially just wasted a half hour of four other peoples' time.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#27DaedalusExPosted 7/8/2014 5:52:41 AM
Community is fine. It's just that there's a bunch of low skill, thin-skinned people who can't deal with criticism. Unsurprisingly, these same delicate people tend to be very vocal and whiny, and so they keep perpetuating this idea that there is something wrong with the community.
#28unknowninfo775Posted 7/8/2014 5:55:11 AM
The only Moba I've played is SMITE. Back in Beta there was hardly any toxic players, or at least I never played with any. The player base is considerably smaller than that of LoL and Dota, and I like it that way; but with any online team based game, there will eventually be players who take a game far too seriously and get all up in arms.

The reason being, I think anyway, is that having to rely on 4 other players to play well and not screw up can be difficult, most don't care in casual matches but in ranked I understand the rage. In any online game you play to win, and some people just cannot take a loss.

I like winning, I mean who doesn't. But some people rage and curse so much that they simply can't be having fun win or lose. For me I would rather lose in a good back and forth match than win in a completely one sided one.

They're toxic because they think they're pro and if you make a bad play once you're automatically trash tier and the worst person they're ever encountered. They're obviously best carry EU/NA/World. I just mute them and move on.
---
Two milkmen go comedy
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-
#29MuhammadJAPosted 7/8/2014 6:25:39 AM
F2P games usually brings in all types of people: stupid, angry, idiots, impatients, ...
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#30Worknofun370Posted 7/8/2014 6:37:26 AM(edited)
0cu_87 posted...
CS? Disgusting community. LoL? Same here. Dota 2? Same here with the russian addition. CoD? Point proven. Same applies for MMOs with their dungeon runs.

Eh, CS Community isn't on the same page as Dota2 or LoL in my personal experience. It has some douchebags in it, and sure you may get yelled at by some guy who thinks he's way better than he is. But, I find the average CS player to be easy to get along with, while the average Dota 2 player (again, in my experience) is 1/2 my age and screams into his mic.