This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the community in mobas so disgusting?

#51Madmax1985Posted 7/8/2014 3:53:16 PM
Mobas are just a breeding ground for neckbeared t*** to go around and start pissing matches with randoms.
---
"Because you aren't allowed to be excited about anything anymore. Welcome to trollfaqs. -Sparkitup"
#52That1GuyyPosted 7/8/2014 3:55:04 PM
HappyHippo04 posted...
I especially enjoyed goatse map previews on WC3 custom map downloads.

Dang, when did this happen? I played Warcraft 3 customs religiously since 2003-4 ish and I have never seen something like that.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#53codyorrPosted 7/8/2014 3:55:21 PM
I think it's because they list stuff on message boards.
#54DaedalusExPosted 7/8/2014 4:26:07 PM
Hi C posted...
Spoiled worthless children

I like how you said that right after talking about people being civil.
#55Hi CPosted 7/8/2014 8:14:54 PM
That1Guyy posted...
HappyHippo04 posted...
I especially enjoyed goatse map previews on WC3 custom map downloads.

Dang, when did this happen? I played Warcraft 3 customs religiously since 2003-4 ish and I have never seen something like that.

You should have seen the s*** idiots uploaded for Quake 2, Team Fortress Classic, and TF2.
#56Hi CPosted 7/8/2014 8:19:59 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
Hi C posted...
Spoiled worthless children

I like how you said that right after talking about people being civil.

I was in a guild that did not allow anyone under the age of 21 so....
#57That1GuyyPosted 7/8/2014 8:26:25 PM
Hi C posted...
I was in a guild that did not allow anyone under the age of 21 so....

I've always laughed at this. I know my online behavior hasn't changed in WoW since it came out (or even before it came out), and I doubt a lot of other people have either. If you're annoying or a douche, age has little to do with it. If you're under 21 and annoying, there's a massive chance you're going to be annoying over 21 as well.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#58JKatarnPosted 7/8/2014 8:46:49 PM
JonWood007 posted...
Because mobas are an intense team sport, and when you dont perform people who are way too into it get way too irate.

No, no they are NOT a sport, and calling them/other MP games "sports" is an insult to athletes/olympians worldwide who put in countless hours of grueling physical training...and this is coming from someone with an extremely minimal interest in sports.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#59JKatarnPosted 7/8/2014 8:59:00 PM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
Immature players who can't objectively analzye actions and have way too much ego.

They always think they are flawless and everybody else is wrong.

It also doesn't hurt that there are a lot of immature people on the Internet in general, and the really immature people are far more likely to obsess/escape into a game or a handful of games to continually avoid their real life problems, and thus take these games WAY too seriously as the games prominence in their limited lives increases.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#60JKatarnPosted 7/8/2014 9:01:33 PM(edited)
pitt12177 posted...
Children. The lower the cost to buy into the product, the easier inclusion of children who have spouts of inconsistency in gameplay and behavior. Their brains are not fully developed so they can't shake off failure or don't know how to respond to it. Same goes for people who are a bit older playing the game who rage -- they haven't developed any substantive relationships outside of video games that they treat it like it's their end-all-to-be-all.

TL;DR: Children are terrible.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame it on an abundance of children, there are 12/13 year olds that are mature/responsible beyond their years and there are 20-40 somethings that will throw a tantrum to best the brattiest 8 year-old children.
---