This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the community in mobas so disgusting?

#61YuniuninuniunPosted 7/8/2014 10:01:28 PM
Free to Play and a non forced region system.
If I could play with a bunch of English speakers the majority of the time Mobas would be much better.
---
Friendly reminder to never play a game published by PWE (Perfect World Entertainment)
#62DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/8/2014 10:03:17 PM
Because angry kids need something to be angry at.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#63JKatarnPosted 7/8/2014 10:08:53 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
pothocket posted...
This. It's just people in general, not the genre. For some reason people seem to think that winning is more important than playing for the love of the game.

Having played competitive sports since I was a little kid... no it's not people in general.

I can count the number of times I was yelled/screamed at by a teammate in my entire life on two hands. And can count on one hand the number of times I was yelled at where I wasn't actually at fault.

I surpassed that total in the first few hours I played a MOBA.

pothocket posted...
So that's why it's generally accepted that any and all game imbalances, not matter how small, will be exploited to hell and back.

If you're playing in a non-ranked environment where it's just for fun... yeah I can see getting annoyed by that.

But if you're playing competitively in a ranked setup, I don't see any issues at all utilizing things that are in your favor.

Fair enough, but if you and your teammates controlled robotic dopplegangers over the internet and team discussion was handled via an anonymous chat I have a feeling there'd be far more criticism. Not defending the LoL/Dota/general MP communities (most are pretty toxic), but it's easier to be an ass-hat when you're not risking a punch in the mouth.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#64leonodoPosted 7/8/2014 10:16:20 PM
Asellus posted...
It's easier to blame your teammates than yourself.

---
Sunshine is overrated...
Pokemon x FC: 0130-2593-2107 Pokemon trainer name: Safyrya
#65pothocketPosted 7/9/2014 6:44:11 AM
it's easier to be an ass-hat when you're not risking a punch in the mouth.

Yes exactly. You can't really compare the anonymity of an online match with strangers who you'll never meet again to that of something like a beer league softball game where your actions can have real world consequences.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#66fallenswordsPosted 7/9/2014 6:45:54 AM
Hanlo_is_back posted...
Free to play
Competitive nature
Large underage playerbase
Frustrating mechanics

this.

League makes you a terrible person.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#67Worknofun370Posted 7/9/2014 12:55:20 PM
JKatarn posted...
it's easier to be an ass-hat when you're not risking a punch in the mouth.

While, without question, this is true. It certainly doesn't stop many many people from being huge ass-hats.
#68Hi CPosted 7/9/2014 4:06:16 PM
That1Guyy posted...
Hi C posted...
I was in a guild that did not allow anyone under the age of 21 so....

I've always laughed at this. I know my online behavior hasn't changed in WoW since it came out (or even before it came out), and I doubt a lot of other people have either. If you're annoying or a douche, age has little to do with it. If you're under 21 and annoying, there's a massive chance you're going to be annoying over 21 as well.

Everquest had very few annoying people who played it to begin with due to it's naturally high barrier to entry and being on your best behavior was by far in your best interests. We just didn't allow kids in, because we said so, and there weren't really that many kids on MMO's yet anyway.
#69_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 7/9/2014 5:31:36 PM
I think it is the nature of the game itself that makes people act out this way.

You play with a small group of people for a relatively long time (in DOTA2 for example a much can easily take 45-60 minutes). Your success is directly dependent on how your team mates play (bad play by team mates can give the enemy such an advantage that they become unstoppable).

Additionally, there are few genres where losing a game can be quite as frustrating, slow, and annoying as in a MOBA. This creates the perfect breeding ground for a-holes.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#70THOMASNATORPosted 7/9/2014 5:52:08 PM
pitt12177 posted...
Children. The lower the cost to buy into the product, the easier inclusion of children who have spouts of inconsistency in gameplay and behavior. Their brains are not fully developed so they can't shake off failure or don't know how to respond to it. Same goes for people who are a bit older playing the game who rage -- they haven't developed any substantive relationships outside of video games that they treat it like it's their end-all-to-be-all.

TL;DR: Children are terrible.

Remembering a quote that 14 year olds are the most terrible people. Smart enough to find your flaws, yet lacking enough in common decency to realize not everyone's a target.
---
To innovate is good, to stand and innovate is better.
A8-6600K | NVIDIA GTX TITAN | 2x Seagate 500GB | 1x Seagate 2TB | Corsair 850