This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today's poll makes me cry...

#1DmanTeePosted 7/8/2014 6:08:42 AM
With tears of happiness. I remember it was only a couple of years ago that a majority of people could barely play Farmville with their PCs. Now it seems like more and more people have gaming quality PCs.

Even Steam's active user count is at it's highest and continues to grow. I still remember when it was a big deal when we hit 3 million concurrent users. Now the peak is more than double that.
---
FC 4270-1910-4066
#2AlleRacingPosted 7/8/2014 6:13:47 AM
I definitely think people are exaggerating the power of their rigs, but yeah, it's a nice poll result.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png
#3SinisterSlayPosted 7/8/2014 6:16:58 AM(edited)
I had to vote it's getting aged.

I really gotta upgrade one day... I keep procrastinating...
I am already below the minimums on new games now.

It would probably give me a shove if a new game was released that I actually wanted.

And from what I have seen, Bannerlord doesn't look more detailed than my old 9600gt could handle.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4Daz_man123Posted 7/8/2014 6:25:06 AM
I honestly think people are lying a little.... But it's sort of true, a lot of computers nowadays have faster in-built graphics and a lot of memory can run games really well.
#5SkittyOnWailordPosted 7/8/2014 6:31:29 AM
AlleRacing posted...
I definitely think people are exaggerating the power of their rigs, but yeah, it's a nice poll result.

There was a poll exactly like this a year (or maybe two?) ago. Last time the vast majority of people that posted on here and chose option 1 said they either didn't try high-end games and were "just referring to the games that they play" or were playing at 720 or less.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#6Xtreme-VoidPosted 7/8/2014 6:32:40 AM
I used to have medium range high end gaming PC, but I still do gaming on other consoles and handhelds more.

Today more good AAA games become multiplatform, so to enjoy them to the fullest they would build a real high or top tier high end to the best platform that is PC.

I believe if games keep multiplatform all of the console gamer will became PC gamer too eventually.

The only bad about PC gaming is no single gaming program manager like PSN or XBOXLIVE, and because of that a lot of piracy happened.

Steam is don't count because it mostly about download.

*I think the one who crying right now is the console peasants*
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#7Jason_HudsonPosted 7/8/2014 6:51:12 AM
People probably are overestimating their rigs, but regardless, it's nice to see that PC gaming is gaining popularity, despite what the console gamers would claim otherwise.

I can play pretty much everything on high, probably will upgrade it soon so I can get 1440p or something.
---
Over 8,000,000 players on Steam at the same time.
PC gaming is the place to be. The only way to play games at their true potential.
#8fatboy44Posted 7/8/2014 6:59:19 AM
Also I think polls like that tend to draw in mostly PC gamers. I wonder how many consolers participated in the poll.
---
i7-4770K | GTX 770 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | WD Black 1TB | Seasonic Bronze 750W | Corsair 300R
https://soundcloud.com/aevio
#9SinisterSlayPosted 7/8/2014 7:03:31 AM
fatboy44 posted...
Also I think polls like that tend to draw in mostly PC gamers. I wonder how many consolers participated in the poll.

Yeah, this is still consolefaqs
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#10cody4783Posted 7/8/2014 8:25:19 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
I had to vote it's getting aged.

I really gotta upgrade one day... I keep procrastinating...
I am already below the minimums on new games now.

It would probably give me a shove if a new game was released that I actually wanted.

I can agree with that.. My old E8400 is pushed to it's limit on recent high-tier games. Recently boosted the system with a second-hand GTX560 ti.. But still.

But, at the same time.. Aside from say, BF4, most my time is spent with older (pre-2010-ish)games, indie games, or just lower fidelity games which I *can* get at least 45-60fps in the worst cases... 30-40 on mid settings for things like BF4, I already mentioned.

Maybe it's just me. I'm a gamer and just want to play games. I'm not too bothered if I'm not making it at 1080p+ with Max AA. i just want to enjoy them for what they are, not merely how they look.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg