This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to make Aero not completely suck?

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/8/2014 7:10:51 AM
It seems that any time any game is running fullscreen at all, ever, Aero can randomly pop up and tell you to stop using it because teh performance!

I tried clicking the "do not show this message again" option, and that didn't even stop it from popping up again 20 minutes down the line.
I tried disabling it in the control panel, that didn't fix it.
I tried disabling it in the registry, and it just popped up again anyway.

The message pops up completely unrelated to performance at all. Things can be running fine and it pops up, minimizes the game, and breaks everything, and things can run like crap and it never shows up.
Is there any way to actually disable this stupid, broken message that Microsoft never bothered to fix? It's been broken since Vista, and there's still no fix I know of.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#2GarquillPosted 7/8/2014 7:16:57 AM
Control Panel > Change Theme > Basic Theme
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#3DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:20:33 AM
Need Aero for desktop shadowplay, or I would still be using basic black.
---
#4SinisterSlayPosted 7/8/2014 7:27:03 AM
Odd, when I disabled it it stayed disabled.

Go to the Start Menu and type Action Center on the Search box
Start it (it should be the top entry, under the "Control Panel" group)
On the left sidebar, click Change Action Center settings
Untick the Windows Troubleshooting checkbox, under "Maintenance Messages".
Click the Ok button and you are done.
http://i.stack.imgur.com/VRCKB.png
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5AsellusPosted 7/8/2014 7:31:14 AM
^ tried that back when I was using double monitors, didn't work. The only thing that did was switching back to a single display.

Only happened with certain games but I'd be guaranteed to get that pop up eventually in those games once in a given boot.
#6DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:32:09 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

DarkZV2Beta posted...
It seems that any time any game is running fullscreen at all, ever, Aero can randomly pop up and tell you to stop using it because teh performance!

I tried clicking the "do not show this message again" option, and that didn't even stop it from popping up again 20 minutes down the line.

The message pops up completely unrelated to performance at all. Things can be running fine and it pops up, minimizes the game, and breaks everything, and things can run like crap and it never shows up.
Is there any way to actually disable this stupid, broken message that Microsoft never bothered to fix? It's been broken since Vista, and there's still no fix I know of.

---
#7SinisterSlayPosted 7/8/2014 7:33:29 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

DarkZV2Beta posted...

If disabling the message didn't disable it, and your performance is not dropping below 15 frames per second.
I would assume you have a virus or a system problem.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:43:27 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

DarkZV2Beta posted...

If disabling the message didn't disable it, and your performance is not dropping below 15 frames per second.

It's not a virus or system problem. It's a widespread bug with Aero.
---
#9SinisterSlayPosted 7/8/2014 7:49:29 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

DarkZV2Beta posted...

It's not a virus or system problem. It's a widespread bug with Aero.

I've never had it and I regularly sit around 15fps or even 10.
I click the don't show me this again and it never has.
Running Windows 7.

I could probably write you something that would run in the background and close that stupid message as soon as it opens but I don't know if that would stop the minimizing of games.
---
#10DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:55:20 AM
Like I said, it's unrelated to performance. It's something that's been broken since Vista, and there's a handful of fixes that supposedly worked for someone at some point, but don't actually seem to do anything anymore. First heard about it when looking for solutions to an unrelated problem with Lost Planet Colonies. Now stuck with it because desktop shadowplay.
---