This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the DRM-free retail releases in recent years?

#1hijokaidenPosted 7/8/2014 6:49:00 AM(edited)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series
Divinity: Original Sin
Risen 3: Titan Lords

Am I missing anything?
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#2SkittyOnWailordPosted 7/8/2014 6:49:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 1:14:37 AM
Bump.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#4Lonestar2000Posted 7/9/2014 1:23:27 AM
Anything on GOG.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#5hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 1:46:38 AM
Lonestar2000 posted...
Anything on GOG.

None of which are "RETAIL" releases.
---
#6Lonestar2000Posted 7/9/2014 1:51:44 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Anything on GOG.

None of which are "RETAIL" releases.

http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_2
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#7hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 2:09:57 AM
... Retail Release is a physical copy release, not a digital download.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition was published by Warner DRM-free.
---
#8johnny_payPosted 7/9/2014 4:03:11 AM(edited)
erm im pretty sure the witcher 2 was like the witcher 1 in that it was released with drm but patched out.

Note that patch 1.1 removes the DRM.[27] Tech Spot claimed, based on user reports, that the DRM on the retail version of The Witcher 2 drastically reduced frame rates and increased load times.[28] Patch 1.1 reportedly increased frame rate simply by removing the DRM

from wikipedia

http://www.techspot.com/news/43989-the-witcher-2-patch-11-removes-drm-boosts-framerate.html
#9hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 7:33:39 AM
johnny_pay posted...
erm im pretty sure the witcher 2 was like the witcher 1 in that it was released with drm but patched out.

Note that patch 1.1 removes the DRM.[27] Tech Spot claimed, based on user reports, that the DRM on the retail version of The Witcher 2 drastically reduced frame rates and increased load times.[28] Patch 1.1 reportedly increased frame rate simply by removing the DRM

from wikipedia

http://www.techspot.com/news/43989-the-witcher-2-patch-11-removes-drm-boosts-framerate.html

No, the Enhanced Edition retail release of The Witcher 2 never had any DRM to speak of.
---
#10SkittyOnWailordPosted 7/10/2014 11:36:57 AM(edited)
Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition is one. The version that came out in 2012 was a retail DRM-free version, while the 2014 HD version was on Steam.

I know have a couple other retail DRM-free games from the past couple years, but they're in a box in another room that I can't get to right now (and can't remember which ones they are).
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\