This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel Divinity Original Sin is being over rated?

#11MaDHatPosted 7/9/2014 12:45:08 PM
Clashtonn posted...
I'm only 15 or so hours in, but I'm loving it so far. If it keeps up this quality it's easily the best RPG in over a decade.

This. In my opinion, it is easily one of, if not the best RPG of the past 10 years.
#12BendoHendoPosted 7/9/2014 12:48:10 PM
It's the best RPG since Vampire the Masquerades - Bloodlines, which came out in 2004. So best RPG in 10 years, hands down.
#13ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/9/2014 12:58:02 PM
Oh boy. Here come the contrarians with no argument.

Knighted Dragon posted...
circle jerk

Yep. There it is. Reddit's only real contribution to the internet. A term that shuts down any conversation.
#14Born LuckyPosted 7/9/2014 1:03:54 PM(edited)
Knighted Dragon posted...
Do you feel Divinity Original Sin is being over rated?

Easy way to answer that question.

Why don't you name 5 RPGs of the past 5 years that are better than Divinity.

If you can't, then no . . . . it's not over rated.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#15BuyersRemorse55Posted 7/9/2014 1:16:01 PM
Well, on the otherhand, if it wasn't for the all the hype I probably would have completely over looked this game and I'm willing to bet many other people would have too.
#16pwnater777Posted 7/9/2014 1:19:13 PM
No, it looks like a really solid and well made game. I haven't played it, but I'm not just an idiot claiming that it's GOTY because of what I've heard. You know why people who haven't played it are thinking it'll probably be awesome when they finally do? Because they've heard from people who have actually played it about just how great it is.

Maybe you shouldn't just try to troll by hating on a game you don't like.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#17BogePosted 7/9/2014 1:24:02 PM(edited)
It's pretty good. I wouldn't say it's overrated. Seeing some Gamerankings.com reviews, it's at 87.60%. That's higher than I'd rate it, but I tend to rate games lower than the majority. I'd give it a solid 8/10 so far. I've played about 10 hours or so.

It's NOT Game of the Year quality.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#18dekouPosted 7/9/2014 1:36:14 PM
It's pretty much the only good game of its kind we've gotten since DA:O. The rest doesn't really matter. If you're a fan of the genre, you should be playing Original Sin and hoping Pillars of Eternity will be even better. And well, it's a popular genre. I don't know why publishers don't seem to get that.
---
Intel Pentium II OC @ 450 MHz | 128 Mb RAM | Falcon Northwest Special Edition Maxi Gamer Xentor 32 SE | 2x 4 Gb Seagate HDD
#19BogePosted 7/9/2014 1:45:25 PM
dekou posted...
It's pretty much the only good game of its kind we've gotten since DA:O. The rest doesn't really matter. If you're a fan of the genre, you should be playing Original Sin and hoping Pillars of Eternity will be even better. And well, it's a popular genre. I don't know why publishers don't seem to get that.

If it's not THE most popular genre, developers don't want to bother. It's FPS Call of Duty style or nothing! That's where the $$$$ is!! <--their thinking, not mine.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#20DieForMotherLandPosted 7/9/2014 1:49:38 PM(edited)
Played it during the beta and I just finished it. It IS Game of the Year quality IMO. I never had this much fun in an RPG since playing Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines in 2004.

The story is meh though, but it's told well enough.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara