This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel Divinity Original Sin is being over rated?

#31HolySaintGabenPosted 7/9/2014 5:11:22 PMmessage detail
yars posted...
dekou posted...
It's pretty much the only good game of its kind we've gotten since DA:O. The rest doesn't really matter. If you're a fan of the genre, you should be playing Original Sin and hoping Pillars of Eternity will be even better. And well, it's a popular genre. I don't know why publishers don't seem to get that.

sadly, pillars of eternity will suck, if only because it went with the god awful rtwp battle system.

some of the best games ever are rtwp, even though turn based is objectively superior. Thankfully, Torment: Tides of Numenera is turn based.
#32Forever ShadowedPosted 7/9/2014 5:14:12 PMmessage detail
yars posted...
dekou posted...
It's pretty much the only good game of its kind we've gotten since DA:O. The rest doesn't really matter. If you're a fan of the genre, you should be playing Original Sin and hoping Pillars of Eternity will be even better. And well, it's a popular genre. I don't know why publishers don't seem to get that.

sadly, pillars of eternity will suck, if only because it went with the god awful rtwp battle system.

wait .... WHAT!?!?

REAL TIME!?!?!?!??!?!

since when!?!?! i thought PoE was supposed to be the throwback cRPG of the past!?!?
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#33ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/9/2014 5:16:57 PMmessage detail
Knighted Dragon posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Yep. There it is. Reddit's only real contribution to the internet. A term that shuts down any conversation.

Lol what? You know that term existed decades and decades before Reddit right? That terms been around since at least the 70's, and probably earlier than that

Somebody needs to learn how to read. I never said they invented it. Only brought it to the internet in a way that shuts down conversations.
#34swatkiller546Posted 7/9/2014 5:22:12 PMmessage detail
I've never played the Divinity series so I'm not sure if I want to play this until I play the others..
---
"I am going to blow out your candles!"
#35HolySaintGabenPosted 7/9/2014 5:26:42 PMmessage detail
swatkiller546 posted...
I've never played the Divinity series so I'm not sure if I want to play this until I play the others..

you don't have to play the others, they are only very loosely connected to each other. and also D:OS is a prequel to all of them except Dragon Commander.
#36SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/9/2014 5:36:22 PMmessage detail(edited)
Animorganimate posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
I doubt it will beat out NWN2, KOTOR 2 or Drakensang for me personally.

You might be surprised. I certainly was, and judging by the sales and reviews, a lot of other people were too. I think Divinity: Original Sin is at least as good as many of the CRPGs you listed, if not more fun than some of them. It's seriously moved towards the top 5 of my favorite CRPGs. Maybe you should give it more than an hour of your time before you form a full fledged opinion.

I haven't formed a fully fledged opinion on it yet. Just saying it gave a poor first impression, and the timeframe certain games came out in. If it beats out those games, then awesome.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#37MELENTIAPosted 7/9/2014 5:46:31 PMmessage detail
I've seen a few gameplay videos, not a fan of that turn based style gameplay. Seems so slow and tedious. I thought it was more like Path Of Exile.... I'm going to pass.
#38AnimorganimatePosted 7/9/2014 5:48:44 PMmessage detail
Animorganimate posted...
I doubt it will beat out NWN2, KOTOR 2 or Drakensang for me personally.

You might be surprised. I certainly was, and judging by the sales and reviews, a lot of other people were too. I think Divinity: Original Sin is at least as good as many of the CRPGs you listed, if not more fun than some of them. It's seriously moved towards the top 5 of my favorite CRPGs. Maybe you should give it more than an hour of your time before you form a full fledged opinion.

I haven't formed a fully fledged opinion on it yet. Just saying it gave a poor first impression.

Well, I'll respectfully disagree. I was hooked from the start, which is saying a lot considering I'm not a Divinity "fan boy" (I played the first one years ago and liked it enough, although I'm not sure if I ever beat it; and I think Divinity II is a very passable ARPG and one of the better ones in a genre oversaturated with mediocrity), and I wasn't expecting a great CRPG in today's gaming market.

It seems like some people are offended that a modern game can be anywhere near as great as their oldschool favorites. Like it threatens the gamer-hipster inside of them or something. All I can say is give it a solid go, and have fun with it, and you may be pleasantly surprised.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#39Forever ShadowedPosted 7/9/2014 5:51:35 PMmessage detail
MELENTIA posted...
I've seen a few gameplay videos, not a fan of that turn based style gameplay. Seems so slow and tedious. I thought it was more like Path Of Exile.... I'm going to pass.

let me guess you are under teh age of 18
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#40SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/9/2014 5:55:04 PMmessage detail
Personally, I would LOVE it if this game lives up to the hype. I simply suspect it won't. No idea why people nostalgia hump a golden age. I fully expect ToN to be better than PS:T though, because I tried pushing myself through that game 6 times before giving up and just YouTubing the story.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}