This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel Divinity Original Sin is being over rated?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you feel Divinity Original Sin is being over rated?
1 year ago#71
I would give it a try because I loved XCOM Enemy Unknown and it seems similar, but people keep saying it's really difficulty and that's a huge turn-off.
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.
1 year ago#72
Sinfullyvannila posted...
This may be the best turn-based combat ever. No exaggeration, it simply is just that good.

But don't you feel that the game would have been much better if it wasn't turn based?
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
1 year ago#73
Knighted Dragon posted...
This may be the best turn-based combat ever. No exaggeration, it simply is just that good.

But don't you feel that the game would have been much better if it wasn't turn based?

Sure - if you want the feeling of having truly handcrafted and unique encounters to be destroyed then the game would have been much better as a hack n slash.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
1 year ago#74
PathlessBullet posted...
Sure - if you want the feeling of having truly handcrafted and unique encounters to be destroyed then the game would have been much better as a hack n slash.

Who said anything about hack and slash? And why would anything have changed if it was just a normal real time RPG where you have cool downs or mana costs on spells?
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
1 year ago#75
PathlessBullet posted...

Who said anything about hack and slash? And why would anything have changed if it was just a normal real time RPG where you have cool downs or mana costs on spells?

Because real time is mindless hack n' slash.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
1 year ago#76

No I don't feel that way at all. It would be absurdly difficult if it wasn't, even if it was RTWP, which lots of people still count as turn based.

There's just way too many factors even in the simplest battles that you do have to take time and process each individuals turn.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
1 year ago#77
Playing through it now with a friend. It's decent, wouldn't say it's great. Biggest complaints thus far would be:

-Lack of player choices. I have only seen two possible options when presented with a choice, with one always being the "friendly" option and the other "hostile"
-Rigid class system. Due to how attributes govern skills and the limited amount of points you receive, it's difficult to build a viable multi-class, thus forcing the player into an archetype. This could change later on, though
-Lack of movement grid. It's cool that they got rid of grid based combat, but I often find myself playing "find the magic pixel" to maximize movement distance and such
-Rock, paper, scissors for resolving conflicts. Seriously?
-"Leech" talent is absolutely broken, due to it triggering from your own blood (might be a bug.) I took it early on because it sounded cool but now the game is incredibly easy
-General oddities in combat, lack of detailed tooltips

And a few other small things. Otherwise it's very fun and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
1 year ago#78
-Lack of player choices. I have only seen two possible options when presented with a choice, with one always being the "friendly" option and the other "hostile"

The meaningful choices are generally made outside of dialog. Read the PC gamer review, there's a great example of one in there, regarding some burning ships. This is a very good thing. It makes it feel a lot closer to P&P, where it's more about what you do than what you say, and where "friendly or unfriendly" is really mechanically all that matters anyway.

For handling the conversations in co-op.

-Rigid class system. Due to how attributes govern skills and the limited amount of points you receive, it's difficult to build a viable multi-class, thus forcing the player into an archetype. This could change later on, though

I highly disagree. One of my main's is the "Wayfarer" class which is non-archetypical, and she does extremely well. "Viability" isn't that much of an issue really, as combat comes down to handling your environment and the benefits of specializing are mitigated because of the price of skillbooks, and that you get diminishing returns on the number of skills per rank.

Focus on exploring the town and eventually you unlock a feature that gives you a crapton of NPC hiring options as well.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
1 year ago#79
I highly disagree. One of my main's is the "Wayfarer" class which is non-archetypical, and she does extremely well. "Viability" isn't that much of an issue really, as combat comes down to handling your environment and the benefits of specializing are mitigated because of the price of skillbooks, and that you get diminishing returns on the number of skills per rank.

How far are you into the game? I'm not very far, but it seems incredibly inefficient to go for physical damage + spells, due to each being governed by different stats.
1 year ago#80

Should you have an arena duel every time? I mean I'm not a fan of rock paper scissors but how else would you solve the disagreement? also host presses spacebar and wins every time so you can just skip it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you feel Divinity Original Sin is being over rated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived