This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best x64 browser

#11DC07301981Posted 7/9/2014 11:03:52 AM
I used to use Firefox but then switched to Chrome. I think Chrome is great.
#12shdwdrgnixPosted 7/9/2014 11:22:50 AM
Why is having a 64 bit browser any more useful than all the other ones? What kind of huge advantage would you get from it compared to the 32 bit browsers?
#13Orestes417Posted 7/9/2014 11:25:08 AM
It isn't more useful. Other than innately being able to use, and using up, more memory due to 64-bit registers there's almost no reason to prefer one.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#14BogePosted 7/9/2014 1:18:14 PM
Renraku_San posted...
People (aka mouth-breathers) on this forum typically worship Chrome. Might give that one a try?

Mouth-breathers?
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#15NotQuiteAFreakPosted 7/9/2014 1:25:05 PM
Boge posted...
Renraku_San posted...
People (aka mouth-breathers) on this forum typically worship Chrome. Might give that one a try?

Mouth-breathers?

This. You ear-hearer.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#16LMTTNPosted 7/9/2014 1:26:24 PM
I just returned to Firefox (Nightly) after using Chrome for a few years, and I'm already liking it better.
---
Steam: Macintosh Plus | PSN: letmetrythisname
Now Playing: Fallout
#17OreoBoy206Posted 7/9/2014 1:42:07 PM
shdwdrgnix posted...
Why is having a 64 bit browser any more useful than all the other ones? What kind of huge advantage would you get from it compared to the 32 bit browsers?

Chromes dev channel was recently updated to 64 bit.. These are the benefits, according to them..

Speed: 64-bit allows us to take advantage of the latest processor and compiler optimizations, a more modern instruction set, and a calling convention that allows more function parameters to be passed quickly by registers. As a result, speed is improved, especially in graphics and multimedia content, where we see an average 25% improvement in performance.

Security: With Chrome able to take advantage of the latest OS features such as High Entropy ASLR on Windows 8, security is improved on 64-bit platforms as well. Those extra bits also help us better defend against exploitation techniques such as JIT spraying, and improve the effectiveness of our existing security defense features like heap partitioning.

Stability: Finally, weve observed a marked increase in stability for 64-bit Chrome over 32-bit Chrome. In particular, crash rates for the the renderer process (i.e. web content process) are almost half that of 32-bit Chrome.

http://blog.chromium.org/2014/06/try-out-new-64-bit-windows-canary-and.html
Source^^^
#18LvthnPosted 7/9/2014 1:45:11 PM
I don't know why Firefox itself keeps getting brought up, did they finally release a x64 official version?

PaleMoon is not bad. It's certainly faster than official release.
#19BogePosted 7/9/2014 4:06:15 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Boge posted...
Renraku_San posted...

Mouth-breathers?

This. You ear-hearer.

Whatever, tongue licker.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#20HighOnPhazonPosted 7/9/2014 4:09:54 PM
Renraku_San posted...

So, what browser do you use, Mr. High and Mighty?

You're a real charmer on this forum. I don't recall seeing you much around here other than to make snide comments. We already have Time Pharaoh for that, you're not needed.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650