This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best x64 browser

#21ElDudorinoPosted 7/9/2014 5:23:28 PM
Hell, TimePharaoh hasn't even made it on my ignore list yet - he at least makes me laugh sometimes. But Renraku made it on there after like 4 posts and I didn't even have to interact with him personally to reach that point. There's no redeeming quality to anything he posts - it's just a load of crap about how everybody who isn't him is an idiot. Honestly, I think that's just what happens when parents don't beat their children.

On-topic, I've been using Chrome recently to see if I like it better than before and although I'm not crazy about the interface, it seems to get the job done. I'll probably end up switching to a variant of FireFox before too long, though.
#22Fade2black001Posted 7/9/2014 5:50:51 PM
Pale Moon
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#23Greendragon854Posted 7/9/2014 5:52:21 PM(edited)
ElDudorino posted...
Hell, TimePharaoh hasn't even made it on my ignore list yet - he at least makes me laugh sometimes. But Renraku made it on there after like 4 posts and I didn't even have to interact with him personally to reach that point. There's no redeeming quality to anything he posts - it's just a load of crap about how everybody who isn't him is an idiot. Honestly, I think that's just what happens when parents don't beat their children.

On-topic, I've been using Chrome recently to see if I like it better than before and although I'm not crazy about the interface, it seems to get the job done. I'll probably end up switching to a variant of FireFox before too long, though.

He really IS a nose-smeller.

Also, chrome is pretty great. Especially if you have android devices.
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#24Incendia_IntusPosted 7/9/2014 6:04:30 PM
I've been using IceDragon. I always felt Chrome and Firefox were lacking, but it makes up for their shortfalls and is basically perfect for me. It's more secure than Firefox, has a fast integrated DNS service (if you choose to use it,) and is fully compatible with Firefox add-ons.

http://icedragon.comodo.com/
---
All childish acts of aggression, shall be handled with laughter.
#25TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 7/9/2014 6:57:17 PM
I like Pale Moon. It's x64 Firefox with none of the weird features Mozilla keeps adding because they think they're "hip". Maybe I just don't notice them because I'm using the NASA Night Launch skin, though.
---
Steam: Sydite
#26SpazH3dPosted 7/9/2014 7:16:51 PM
Renraku_San posted...
People (aka mouth-breathers) on this forum typically worship Chrome. Might give that one a try?

When are you going to recommend the best browser of all time? Or are you just going to keep on being an annoying wobblybobblydibblydobbly.
---
- My vision is augmented
#27Venom3DPosted 7/9/2014 7:40:38 PM
I use Pale Moon. It keeps features that were removed from previous versions of Firefox, e.g. tabs on bottom, tab bar hiding, status bar, RSS feed button, UI customization.
#28cancerstormPosted 7/9/2014 8:10:09 PM
the browser that supports noscript
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#29TehPwnzererPosted 7/9/2014 8:18:52 PM
I use Epic Browser.
#30ElementalWindPosted 7/10/2014 5:36:00 AM
Pig of a browser, resource hog - What resources? I notice no slower performance, internet or cpu wise, compared to any other browser. It's lightning fast in my experience, like the rest of them. I mean, it's a browser, not a video game.
If I leave it open for more than a few hours, it starts spiking the CPU for what should be really simple things, like scrolling through a page of plain text.

It isn't more useful. Other than innately being able to use, and using up, more memory due to 64-bit registers there's almost no reason to prefer one.
The extra registers are nice to have too _
(And the larger address size doesn't much matter for how much space things other than pointers take up in memory)
---
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero