This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best x64 browser

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best x64 browser
11 months ago#21
Hell, TimePharaoh hasn't even made it on my ignore list yet - he at least makes me laugh sometimes. But Renraku made it on there after like 4 posts and I didn't even have to interact with him personally to reach that point. There's no redeeming quality to anything he posts - it's just a load of crap about how everybody who isn't him is an idiot. Honestly, I think that's just what happens when parents don't beat their children.

On-topic, I've been using Chrome recently to see if I like it better than before and although I'm not crazy about the interface, it seems to get the job done. I'll probably end up switching to a variant of FireFox before too long, though.
11 months ago#22
Pale Moon
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
11 months ago#23
ElDudorino posted...
Hell, TimePharaoh hasn't even made it on my ignore list yet - he at least makes me laugh sometimes. But Renraku made it on there after like 4 posts and I didn't even have to interact with him personally to reach that point. There's no redeeming quality to anything he posts - it's just a load of crap about how everybody who isn't him is an idiot. Honestly, I think that's just what happens when parents don't beat their children.

On-topic, I've been using Chrome recently to see if I like it better than before and although I'm not crazy about the interface, it seems to get the job done. I'll probably end up switching to a variant of FireFox before too long, though.

He really IS a nose-smeller.

Also, chrome is pretty great. Especially if you have android devices.
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
(edited by Greendragon854)
11 months ago#24
I've been using IceDragon. I always felt Chrome and Firefox were lacking, but it makes up for their shortfalls and is basically perfect for me. It's more secure than Firefox, has a fast integrated DNS service (if you choose to use it,) and is fully compatible with Firefox add-ons.

http://icedragon.comodo.com/
---
All childish acts of aggression, shall be handled with laughter.
11 months ago#25
I like Pale Moon. It's x64 Firefox with none of the weird features Mozilla keeps adding because they think they're "hip". Maybe I just don't notice them because I'm using the NASA Night Launch skin, though.
---
Steam: Sydite
11 months ago#26
Renraku_San posted...
People (aka mouth-breathers) on this forum typically worship Chrome. Might give that one a try?

When are you going to recommend the best browser of all time? Or are you just going to keep on being an annoying wobblybobblydibblydobbly.
---
- My vision is augmented
11 months ago#27
I use Pale Moon. It keeps features that were removed from previous versions of Firefox, e.g. tabs on bottom, tab bar hiding, status bar, RSS feed button, UI customization.
11 months ago#28
the browser that supports noscript
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
11 months ago#29
I use Epic Browser.
11 months ago#30
Pig of a browser, resource hog - What resources? I notice no slower performance, internet or cpu wise, compared to any other browser. It's lightning fast in my experience, like the rest of them. I mean, it's a browser, not a video game.
If I leave it open for more than a few hours, it starts spiking the CPU for what should be really simple things, like scrolling through a page of plain text.

It isn't more useful. Other than innately being able to use, and using up, more memory due to 64-bit registers there's almost no reason to prefer one.
The extra registers are nice to have too _
(And the larger address size doesn't much matter for how much space things other than pointers take up in memory)
---
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best x64 browser

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived