This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For the sake of gaming, please stop supporting EA

#31LoshadtPosted 7/9/2014 10:09:07 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
It's your prerogative to do it....It's just rather silly, since in the process you are also cutting off your access to some fun material. And being able to play all of the good stuff out there is what makes this hobby so great!

Fun such as the next horrendously buggy and rehashed installment of Battlefield with twice its MSRP in DLC? Or the next installment of the sims with gutted features and eight times its MSRP in DLC? Or the next game from a studio that managed to release three titanic piles of garbage IN A ROW? Or how about the next sports game that is nothing more than a roster change.
---
Scientifically proven.
#32TheEntitledOnePosted 7/9/2014 10:11:37 AM
They did innovate too much. I mean, from what lunatic's imagination did a dungeon keeper themed farmville come from? EA, too innovative for innovation.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#33Runner_stylePosted 7/9/2014 10:57:23 AM
It's okay to say 'don't support EA' but what that also means is 'don't support the developers that EA publish for either' in the end if a game doesn't sell well, or meet target expectations by the publisher the game won't receive a sequel, or it's possible the developer could be put out of work, end result developer is the one that's ultimately punished, not EA themselves.
---
It's time gamers grew up instead of being pissy 5 year olds fighting over the most asinine things.
#34Orestes417Posted 7/9/2014 11:00:55 AM
Bane766 posted...
specter1717 posted...
You guys act like not buying games from ea will save the world. It's just games. Get your priorities straight

It starts with 1 person thinking they can make a difference. If you try then others will follow, eventually, and you can change things. It's how the world changes.

However people with your attitude never change anything and are a detriment to those who are trying. I suppose you don't vote, either, eh?

Oh dear. Someone bought the lines they taught at school. The only way one person is going to change anything in the industry is by buying an imperial arseload and a half of stock to take over some companies. They're not going to magically see the error of their ways just because timmy skipped BF27-39 and felt good about himself.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#35youngfossilPosted 7/9/2014 11:03:40 AM
The developRunner_style posted...
It's okay to say 'don't support EA' but what that also means is 'don't support the developers that EA publish for either' in the end if a game doesn't sell well, or meet target expectations by the publisher the game won't receive a sequel, or it's possible the developer could be put out of work, end result developer is the one that's ultimately punished, not EA themselves.

the Developers is already being punished. The cant fly free. caged by EA's focus groups and "innovation".
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#36samuraigaidenPosted 7/9/2014 11:11:38 AM
Not buying any more games from EA since they released Dead Space 2 and announced their "microtransactions everywhere" policy.
#37Bane766Posted 7/9/2014 11:17:11 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Bane766 posted...
specter1717 posted...
You guys act like not buying games from ea will save the world. It's just games. Get your priorities straight

It starts with 1 person thinking they can make a difference. If you try then others will follow, eventually, and you can change things. It's how the world changes.

However people with your attitude never change anything and are a detriment to those who are trying. I suppose you don't vote, either, eh?

Oh dear. Someone bought the lines they taught at school. The only way one person is going to change anything in the industry is by buying an imperial arseload and a half of stock to take over some companies. They're not going to magically see the error of their ways just because timmy skipped BF27-39 and felt good about himself.

No I understand history and a revolution starts with one person. People like you are the reason that things DON'T change. "I'll never make a difference doing this"-people like you and the person above you already gave up. If everyone thought that way the world would be a lot worse off than it is.

And yes, if enough people stop supporting despicable companies like this, then they WILL change their business practices or go out of business. As I said before, it starts with one person.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#38SinisterSlayPosted 7/9/2014 11:18:43 AM
Bane766 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Bane766 posted...
specter1717 posted...

No I understand history and a revolution starts with one person. People like you are the reason that things DON'T change. "I'll never make a difference doing this"-people like you and the person above you already gave up. If everyone thought that way the world would be a lot worse off than it is.

And yes, if enough people stop supporting despicable companies like this, then they WILL change their business practices or go out of business. As I said before, it starts with one person.

Of course they don't actually figure this out. They instead think the IP is dead, dismantle whatever remains of the purchased studio, and work on a sequel to another IP.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#39Orestes417Posted 7/9/2014 11:19:32 AM
I'd suggest you go read your history books a little harder. Not the **** they hand you in grade school either.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#40Bane766Posted 7/9/2014 11:21:41 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Bane766 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Bane766 posted...
specter1717 posted...

Of course they don't actually figure this out. They instead think the IP is dead, dismantle whatever remains of the purchased studio, and work on a sequel to another IP.

Yeah I know. But if enough people TRY, then the company will eventually go out of business or change to better consumer policies. Most companies did change their 'season pass' thing. MS changed a bunch of crap because of the backlash from last year's E3, etc.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort