This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best gaming laptop/desktop for around 700$

#1HawkssssPosted 7/9/2014 8:28:24 AM
I have a friend that wants to buy a gaming laptop for around 700$. He mostly wants to be able to play WoW and possibly some newer games at low/med settings but he's not a big pc gamer apart from WoW.
I want to show him suggestions on laptops if you guys have any.
Alternatively I have a GTX 570 that I could give to him toward a desktop if he prefers and so I can show him how much more power he could get out of a desktop instead of a laptop so if you guys have the time and willingness to post some desktop builds at around same price minus 150$-200$ for display, mouse and keyboard. And no need for GPU as I give him a GTX 570 if he takes the desktop.

Canadian prices btw.
Thanks!
#2kill2thisPosted 7/9/2014 9:05:00 AM(edited)
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xpdXJx
EDIT: if the budget stretches go for the 4670K

Someone will post better, I'm in the UK so not sure on whats the best deals price wise. With your 570 that would crush a $700 dollar laptop.
You would need to add OS and peripherals though, does he have a TV he could use instead of a monitor at least for now?
#3TimePharaohPosted 7/9/2014 9:44:39 AM
lolgaminglaptop
#4Fade2black001Posted 7/9/2014 10:01:09 AM
This build has an OS with. If he doesn't need the OS then you can put the extra money towards a better CPU

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8XL2WZ
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#5kill2thisPosted 7/9/2014 11:30:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6kill2thisPosted 7/9/2014 11:36:19 AM(edited)
Obviously Fade2blacks is using US prices so you'd need to redo that to Canadian.
But looks like we're on the same wave length for the budget,

His comes out at 700 CAD and some change, if you change currency on that site.
#7Hawkssss(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 12:36:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, these look great! I'm going to show these to my friend.

Also if you have some laptop good for gaming at these prices, I could show the differences in performance he can expect and see if it suits his needs.