This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best F2P MMORPG ATM?

#21NemerlightPosted 7/10/2014 5:52:23 AM
Cookie Bag posted...
"F2P" these days means nothing when the game is behind a huge paywall.

The days were legit, cartoony, serious or anime styled MMO's with good gameplay, with cash shops mostly selling minor advantages or visual stuff, and good communities are gone, now MMO's are mostly "Freemium" games, or just free crap ridden with really bad, non-english speaking players, but hey, you get what you play.

So if you want to play a long lasting MMO, either play old ones for nostalgia sake, pay whatever low price guild wars 2 is, or start paying monthly for whatever FoTM MMO is out now, like Wildstar for example.

When was that?
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#22Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 7/10/2014 8:05:12 AM
Regardless of f2p or sub, I still find the answer to this age old question to be Rift. It's not the most innovative MMO out there, but it does everything the rest of them set out to do, mostly better, in one convenient package (through borderline plagiarism, but who really cares?).

That said, there isn't really a huge gap between 1st place and ... 20th. Despite all the attempts to bring action, story, and politics into the mix, they all boil down to the same basic EQ clone. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it has become old hat.
#23Ichigo619Posted 7/10/2014 8:20:13 AM
cuteboi100 posted...
Tera
Pros
Stunning graphics
Multiple ways to level up
Combat system that is what Vindictus should strive to be, Vindictus still lags.

Lol...you do know that their combat systems are totally different right? Vindictus is an action MMO and is a hack and slash which is suited more for like console players. TERA is closer to a typical MMO combat style. Vindictus should strive to be a game by removing it's biggest attraction to many gamers? Okay then.
---
PSN-trang85
https://i.minus.com/iBCjGw2RBDcqQ.gif http://puu.sh/589Ol.jpg
#24DawnshadowPosted 7/10/2014 8:49:32 AM
Of the ones I've tried...

RIFT is basically Wrath-era WoW with a different (and IMO more interesting, at least while leveling) class design and some additional minor improvements. I couldn't get very far in it because I was a bit tired of WoW-style leveling and gameplay, but what I did play of it felt solid, and the cash shop seemed fair enough to me.

If you're willing to consider buy to play MMOs as well, The Secret World is very interesting and well worth trying, but the gameplay isn't really that great. Play it for the questing. Guild Wars 2 has a very fun combat system, but not much of an endgame and deliberately lacks an endgame gear treadmill-- it's a great casual MMO because you can drop in and out at will and not lose anything.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#25OdiousThirteenPosted 7/10/2014 8:54:23 AM
Marvel Heroes 2015.
---
http://www.secretcitycomedy.com/geeklab/
#26XianCePosted 7/10/2014 8:56:14 AM
Mabinogi.
---
Nintendo is truly desperate, they're only surviving off nostalgia
#27Chaos_MissilePosted 7/10/2014 9:26:06 AM
Cookie Bag posted...
"F2P" these days means nothing when the game is behind a huge paywall.

The days were legit, cartoony, serious or anime styled MMO's with good gameplay, with cash shops mostly selling minor advantages or visual stuff, and good communities are gone, now MMO's are mostly "Freemium" games, or just free crap ridden with really bad, non-english speaking players, but hey, you get what you play.

So if you want to play a long lasting MMO, either play old ones for nostalgia sake, pay whatever low price guild wars 2 is, or start paying monthly for whatever FoTM MMO is out now, like Wildstar for example.

Even PSO2?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#28blax34dmPosted 7/10/2014 9:31:11 AM
SythisTaru posted...
NovicePro posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Halo 3

Joke post rating: 1.5/10

Reported

lol?
#29zhenghanPosted 7/10/2014 9:47:25 AM
Guild wars 2 or Diablo 3
---
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
#30Bane766Posted 7/10/2014 9:50:24 AM
I haven't tried Tera or Rift yet (with Tera they recently implemented this system where you can only gather and craft so much or you have to pay), but I heard good things about both...and bad things.

SW:ToR sucks at f2p. It's ok with a sub, but you are severly restricted as a f2p member. Less instances, less pvp, less action bars for hell's sake! It's awful.

I wouldn't suggest a sub game either as they are not for everyone. I played ESO (not good), FF14:ARR (which was good for a bit, but had problems with FATE grinding your other classes-due to lack of extra quests), and Wildstar (good game with fun combat, but the community is awful and the game is meant to be grindy and hard at endgame).

I have not played GW2 (altho I heard there pretty much is no endgame), LoTR:O (I heard this was good, altho it has very dated graphics), SW (I heard this has good quests and is a bit different than other MMO's), or Neverwinter (I heard this is a bit like SW:ToR in that you really need to sub). So I can't say much about them other than what I've heard.

So far WoW is as good as it gets from what I've played. And they haven't released any new content, and won't, until near the time of their next xpac (which could be as long as Dec timeframe or longer). But since it's already established it has so much to do compared to other MMO's.

I want to try Archeage, but I refuse to pay $150 for a beta...that concerns me about the actual game with them selling pre-access for so much.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort