This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stacraft 2: Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm is only 19.99 now, buy it!!!

#21PaukenPosted 7/10/2014 10:02:52 AM
I'll stick with my old school LAN-capable RTS's of yesteryear, tyvm.

Age of Empires 2 was better than Starcraft anyway; it may not have had totally unique factions, but it was a lot more fun and interesting, and had none of the tourneytryhards that plagued Starcraft and other Blizz games (mostly cause its online scene got pushed to direct connect/VPN services not long after release relatively speaking; still a friendlier community than Starcraft though).
#22DC07301981Posted 7/10/2014 10:04:14 AM
I own both WoL and HotS but haven't played either of them in over a year. I'd probably get destroyed if I went online.

Thinking about installing them again and giving them another go.
#23Worknofun370Posted 7/10/2014 10:18:48 AM(edited)
Rosencroitz posted...
Granted, BW as a whole is still a better game than SC2 too.

Lolz

Nemerlight posted...
Love Blizzard games but SC always seemed too fast for a strategy game. Tried demo but got wrecked by AI and decided its not for me.

While it is fast paced, there is still a ton of strategy involved. SC2 does have a pretty massive learning curve to be competitive though. The mechanics can be a PiTA to get down and If you're just starting the game the AI can and will wreck you. It took me a long time to be able to beat Elite AI, and even longer to be able to beat it consistently. (And I've played SC SC:BW since they were released up to about '07 So I was already familiar with the basic mechanics, but never really played those games super competitively, mostly just with friends and on BGH maps)

However, just by practicing against the AI and nothing else, I was able to get right into Gold league and quickly made my way up higher once I learned the meta game of online players. I've also read that the majority of Bronze/Silver and lower tier Gold players can't even beat elite AI, something I would likely believe.

Anyways, after you get the Mechanics down is when you'll start to learn the strategy side, which is actually extremely deep and fun. (Not trying to say the game is for you, but just don't necessarily let the AI wrecking you discourage you)
#24cuteboi100Posted 7/10/2014 10:27:49 AM
Don't play Starcraft to be good or else it won't be fun and you will stress and it will feel like a chore. Play for fun!

-Platinum Zerg player here.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#25Worknofun370Posted 7/10/2014 10:30:41 AM
cuteboi100 posted...
Don't play Starcraft to be good or else it won't be fun and you will stress and it will feel like a chore. Play for fun!

Meh... I play it to be good and I have a ton of fun and don't get stressed out at all. Certainly doesn't feel like a chore (Though there are times where I don't completely feel like playing it.. until i'm playing it. If that makes sense)

However, no doubt can see others getting beat up by that.
#26Fade2black001Posted 7/10/2014 10:44:49 AM
paramite12 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
35 bucks well wasted. You are spending that money for the campaign only and expansion. In the free version you can utilize MP to the fullest extent but only for WoL maps. So theres no point in spend the money on the game.

Actually you just said what the point was: to play the single player campaign...

No one plays the campaign though
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#27qeoijlijwPosted 7/10/2014 10:45:56 AM
dont get it
since you guys b**** about origin and uplay and etc so much
blizzard is implementing their own client probably this week or next
cant play it without having blizzard's own drm client
#28KidInTheHallPosted 7/10/2014 10:46:54 AM
Your mama plays the campaign.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#29KidInTheHallPosted 7/10/2014 10:49:16 AM
qeoijlijw posted...
dont get it
since you guys b**** about origin and uplay and etc so much
blizzard is implementing their own client probably this week or next
cant play it without having blizzard's own drm client

Battlenet? Yeah that client is already active.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#30BogePosted 7/10/2014 10:52:43 AM
Do they have good tower defense coop maps?
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png