This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stacraft 2: Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm is only 19.99 now, buy it!!!

#31turtlebeach21Posted 7/10/2014 10:03:21 AM
Very tempting, I prefer turn based but at this price why not dabble in a bit of space zerging
#32cuteboi100Posted 7/10/2014 10:08:49 AM
turtlebeach21 posted...
Very tempting, I prefer turn based but at this price why not dabble in a bit of space zerging

Space zerging? You mean the original zerging.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#33ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/10/2014 10:11:22 AM
qeoijlijw posted...
dont get it
since you guys b**** about origin and uplay and etc so much
blizzard is implementing their own client probably this week or next
cant play it without having blizzard's own drm client

Who cares? SC2 was semi-online only, because you had to check in every 30 days, and that was way too much DRM. But they went further anyway with online only for Diablo 3.

You shouldn't have been buying from them after SC2. And definitely after Diablo 3.
#34Termin8rPosted 7/10/2014 10:46:35 AM
I got the console version of D3 though because it had true offline play and no auction house, which were the two biggest detractors preventing me from getting the PC version. Turned out to be quite superb in being one of the most fun games for local co-op.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e6zStfw.gif
#35MagnemightPosted 7/10/2014 10:54:48 AM(edited)
Cool_Dude667 posted...
you can buy both for 35 bucks too

Where is this possible? The 'digital deluxe edition' does not mention coming with Wings of Liberty. Does it?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is purchasable for $35 but the bundle is not the digital deluxe edition. This bundle is accessed by selecting "Buy Now" on Wings of Liberty, then choosing the Starcraft II bundle.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Check out the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#36Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 2:04:26 PM
Boge posted...
Do they have good tower defense coop maps?

Yes there is a massive ammount of TD that you can check out, tons of different little variations like Squadron defense or Lottery defense

ShadowThaReaper posted...
r0ge00 posted...
no

custom

games.

What do you call the Arcade? You can even play it on the free version.

I call it unusable trash. The custom games scene is as dead as the competitive scene soon will be. They had over 3 years to fix it.

Ignore this idiot, the arcade scene is bigger than it a ever been, and there is a huge selection of custom content from Rpgs to racers to party and social games, even co op campaign missions and mmorpg style games
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#37ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/10/2014 2:08:34 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Ignore this idiot, the arcade scene is bigger than it a ever been, and there is a huge selection of custom content from Rpgs to racers to party and social games, even co op campaign missions and mmorpg style games

Shut the hell up with your lies. The custom games scene is dead and it's never coming back.

SC and WC3 had those things, too. The difference is that those games were supported by a competent online platform that made sense.

The fact that you're trying to talk up the type of games it has to me, like I've never ****ing played an RTS custom map before leads me to believe that you don't know a goddamn thing.
#38Code 51 50Posted 7/10/2014 2:12:49 PM
Way way WAY too expensive for such an old and ugly game. I'd maybe pay $5 as I like RTS games. But that's about it. LOL at $40
---
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
#39ShebeskiiPosted 7/10/2014 2:18:05 PM
Code 51 50 posted...
Way way WAY too expensive for such an old and ugly game. I'd maybe pay $5 as I like RTS games. But that's about it. LOL at $40

Ugly? On Extreme it's easily still the best looking RTS. It easily has the best character physics of any RTS ever made...
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#40Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 2:23:52 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Shut the hell up with your lies. The custom games scene is dead and it's never coming back.

SC and WC3 had those things, too. The difference is that those games were supported by a competent online platform that made sense.

The fact that you're trying to talk up the type of games it has to me, like I've never ****ing played an RTS custom map before leads me to believe that you don't know a goddamn thing.

The custom scene has changed drastically for the better since WoL, even the ingame client/ui itself has gone under significant revisions. I suggest you give it a shot sometime, the arcade is free now so you can see for yourself how vibrant the community has become for yourself if you think im lying or fanboying.

Hell theres even a arcade game of Slenderman and a complete overhaul of Diablo 1 complete with the sound effects and loot.

Shebeskii posted...
Code 51 50 posted...

Ugly? On Extreme it's easily still the best looking RTS. It easily has the best character physics of any RTS ever made...

yea I have no idea what he was playing on but max settings makes the game looks really good, much better than recent games like CoH2.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi