This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stacraft 2: Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm is only 19.99 now, buy it!!!

#41ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/10/2014 3:25:01 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Hell theres even a arcade game of Slenderman and a complete overhaul of Diablo 1 complete with the sound effects and loot.

Again, stop talking to me like I've never played a custom RTS game. That's how I know that you don't know what the hell you're going on about, you ****ing newbie fanboy.
#42Fade2black001Posted 7/10/2014 3:26:00 PM
qeoijlijw posted...
dont get it
since you guys b**** about origin and uplay and etc so much
blizzard is implementing their own client probably this week or next
cant play it without having blizzard's own drm client

Where have you been? They had there own client for years...
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#43Code 51 50Posted 7/10/2014 3:34:09 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Ignore this idiot, the arcade scene is bigger than it a ever been, and there is a huge selection of custom content from Rpgs to racers to party and social games, even co op campaign missions and mmorpg style games

Shut the hell up with your lies. The custom games scene is dead and it's never coming back.

SC and WC3 had those things, too. The difference is that those games were supported by a competent online platform that made sense.

The fact that you're trying to talk up the type of games it has to me, like I've never ****ing played an RTS custom map before leads me to believe that you don't know a goddamn thing.

The custom scene has changed drastically for the better since WoL, even the ingame client/ui itself has gone under significant revisions. I suggest you give it a shot sometime, the arcade is free now so you can see for yourself how vibrant the community has become for yourself if you think im lying or fanboying.

Hell theres even a arcade game of Slenderman and a complete overhaul of Diablo 1 complete with the sound effects and loot.

Shebeskii posted...
Code 51 50 posted...
Way way WAY too expensive for such an old and ugly game. I'd maybe pay $5 as I like RTS games. But that's about it. LOL at $40

Ugly? On Extreme it's easily still the best looking RTS. It easily has the best character physics of any RTS ever made...

yea I have no idea what he was playing on but max settings makes the game looks really good, much better than recent games like CoH2.

I don't think so. Game looks really blocky. I think they way overvalue what their game is worth. Kind like Microsoft still charging $20 for AoE3.

For $40 I bought 12 full games on Steam.
---
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
#44Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 3:34:10 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Again, stop talking to me like I've never played a custom RTS game. That's how I know that you don't know what the hell you're going on about, you ****ing newbie fanboy.

All i've seen from you is your standard toxic condescending posts (which I see from you everyday on this forum, have you ever posted something mildly constructive?) You say the DRM is horrible, yet it essentially has the same as BW except LAN play. The DRM functions basically the same way, you can download custom maps and play it offline or mess around in campaign mode/skirmish. JUST LIKE BROODWAR.

Many people have theorized the reason why Blizz axed LAN play was so the Kespa teams (korean third party tournament league) had to pay to use the client, unlike in BW where blizzard never anticipated their abuse of the IP for their own gain.

I've been playing in the custom scene since 2010, it has grown considerably since then when everyone was playing goddamn monobattles or tug of wars games.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#45ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/10/2014 3:40:38 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
You say the DRM is horrible, yet it essentially has the same as BW except LAN play.

Oh

my

god.

You seriously think that a CD key is the same as having to check in online every 30 days?

Cool_Dude667 posted...
Many people have theorized the reason why Blizz axed LAN play was so the Kespa teams (korean third party tournament league) had to pay to use the client, unlike in BW where blizzard never anticipated their abuse of the IP for their own gain.

Blizzard wanted money for something they weren't responsible for. They are greedy and spiteful. I know this already.

Cool_Dude667 posted...
I've been playing in the custom scene since 2010

I've been playing custom games since the 90s, kid.
#46Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 4:05:36 PM
What does playing custom games since the 90s have to do with anything? im probably older than you are -.-
---
#47ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/10/2014 4:22:09 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
What does playing custom games since the 90s have to do with anything? im probably older than you are -.-

You're pretending like it's some new and interesting thing. It's old and SC2 does it very badly. Stop shilling.
#48Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 5:41:43 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

You're pretending like it's some new and interesting thing. It's old and SC2 does it very badly. Stop shilling.

Please name a map editor more sophisticated than Stacraft 2. The social features is what was missing in the first few years but the patching of clans and focus on the arcade has helped build the community back up. Making it completely free2play didn't hurt either.
---
#49ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/11/2014 6:02:16 PM(edited)
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Please name a map editor more sophisticated than Stacraft 2.

Powerful editor wasn't a problem. It was the hacky job they did in making it usable for people. Map makers complained for years.

And that's not even the real problem with the custom games and why nobody plays them. It has and always will be the crap user interface.

Cool_Dude667 posted...
The social features is what was missing in the first few years

Yep, SC2 completely failed at what SC1 and WC3 perfected. Pathetic.

They eventually half-assed a patch to add in chat rooms and stuff, but it still sucks.

You just keep shilling. You're talking to me like I don't own the damn game and haven't played all their other games. B.net 2.0 is a failure of a system.