This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Companies you will not buy games from and why?

#1turbogoonPosted 7/10/2014 4:40:14 AM
EA: Too much DLC and the ruining of SimCity(with the help of Maxis of course)

Blizzard/Activision: D3, D3 RoS, CoD being their Madden, and MoP xpac

UbiSoft: Because they are greedy pigs
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 7/10/2014 4:42:53 AM
ITT: developers = publishers

blindly hating an entire company because you dislike a few of their games just sounds ignorant.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3OmegaBladesPosted 7/10/2014 4:47:17 AM
From the past generation, and being mostly on consoles, I banned buying games with online passes. Thankfully that's over and done with, and since most game companies are crap nowadays, I can usually just wait for a sale or GotY version of a game to come out.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#4Saga3Posted 7/10/2014 4:49:21 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

blindly hating an entire company because you dislike a few of their games just sounds ignorant.

TC didn't say developers, he said companies. And even so, so what? They are the ones who pull the strings of all companies underneath them. All developers underneath them have the exact same policies and act the same way e.g DICE & Bioware underneath EA.

Anyway, Ubisoft as of the Watch Dogs fiasco. DICE too. While I'm sick of Blizzard milking the cash cow they do make good games (Aside from the ****storm that was D3). I wouldn't boycott from a company that makes bad games as a whole just the ones who release unfinished ones as well as their policies.
#5turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 4:59:12 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Before calling anything ignorant you need to learn how to read properly and how business works.

While the developer makes the game the company that publishes it has a larger stake in how that game is actually created. The publisher also handles all the distribution deals, not the developer as the developers job is create and maintain their product.

But even outside of that there isn't a developer in their publishing house that I would purchase anything from even if they weren't part of that corporation.
#65443ThomasPosted 7/10/2014 5:04:22 AM
Ubisoft: they dared to sell something on steam then slapped me with Uplay
---
meh
#72Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 7/10/2014 5:06:57 AM
None because I play games that I want to play and don't buy games until I know if they're good/not broken so I don't get burned
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#8Flaktrooper123Posted 7/10/2014 5:13:20 AM
Maybe Ubisoft.

While I also don't like EA, I am still willing to buy their stuff (I love DICE but I hate EA).
#9SythisTaruPosted 7/10/2014 5:18:54 AM
turbogoon posted...
EA: Too much DLC and the ruining of SimCity(with the help of Maxis of course)

Blizzard/Activision: D3, D3 RoS, CoD being their Madden, and MoP xpac

UbiSoft: Because they are greedy pigs

Greed is a virtue you fool.
#10SinisterSlayPosted 7/10/2014 5:24:16 AM
Ubisoft.
They insult pc gamers, force obnoxious drm. And release unoptimized garbage year after year. They have released one game, child of light, that I might consider buying but not with uplay for 1 game.

Ea.
More additional drm, but so far they haven't released any games I want.

Microsoft.
Not only did they force bad drm, they then stole purchased dlc when they shut down the marketplace.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence