This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Companies you will not buy games from and why?

#110cu_87Posted 7/10/2014 4:30:39 AM
Who?
Ubisoft.

Why?
Because they're french.

No, just kidding. Ubisoft just pissed me off with some decisions in the past.
---
"A mine is like a lover. You have to be gentle, so she welcomes you moist and hot." - Sheldon Skaggs, Witcher 2
#12turbogoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 4:46:20 AM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
None because I play games that I want to play and don't buy games until I know if they're good/not broken so I don't get burned

For me with these companies it's not even worth it if they put out a great product. Might I miss a great game? Sure, but at least I won't support the other 99.9% of terrible business practices.
#13Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 7/10/2014 5:04:50 AM
Unfortunately Capcom is one I won't buy from any more, they used to be a childhood love, but they have been very scummy with DLC and been doing things that no one seems to agree with their series. More to that, they haven't really made a game that I wanted to play for quite awhile, so that could be my fault of course.

EA is one I also don't care for, but moreso for the fact they don't seem to make any games I enjoy and they split their catalog up between Steam and Origin.

I really haven't had enough issue with Ubisoft's DRM to go on a "I'm not going to buy games from them" spree, but I will say it's annoying having to update the thing to play a game, but it's rare I buy a game from Ubisoft in the first place...so there's that.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#14unknowninfo775Posted 7/10/2014 5:39:43 AM
Bioware. Their games have become so unbelievably trash tier since EA that it's actually upsetting. I have no doubt in my mind that DA:I and ME4 will be a shell of what the could have been. With a plethora of DLC and micro transactions on the inevitable multiplayer they have in ME.

Ubisoft, at least on PC. Uplay is annoying, and hardly anybody uses it online. Trying to do the Co-op missions for Splinter cell was a chore.
---
Two milkmen go comedy
-Official Isa of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board-
#15SythisTaruPosted 7/10/2014 5:40:51 AM
Guitar_Hero_Guy posted...
Unfortunately Capcom is one I won't buy from any more, they used to be a childhood love, but they have been very scummy with DLC and been doing things that no one seems to agree with their series. More to that, they haven't really made a game that I wanted to play for quite awhile, so that could be my fault of course.

EA is one I also don't care for, but moreso for the fact they don't seem to make any games I enjoy and they split their catalog up between Steam and Origin.

I really haven't had enough issue with Ubisoft's DRM to go on a "I'm not going to buy games from them" spree, but I will say it's annoying having to update the thing to play a game, but it's rare I buy a game from Ubisoft in the first place...so there's that.

Valve won't let them sell games on Steam.
#16chandl34Posted 7/10/2014 6:50:53 AM
Bioware, Bethesda, Square-Enix: all companies that used to be great, but haven't made anything good in the past ten years. Their past successes kept me buying their games for a while, but they kept getting worse and worse. Not going to do it anymore.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#17CheeseCurlsPosted 7/10/2014 6:52:22 AM
Bioware - ME3 (the whole game not just the ending, and especially because of how they handled the fallout), DA2, TOR (and absolute insult to KOTOR fans)

Sega - Phantasy Star Online 2, Valkyria Chronicles 3
---
"In our culture, the phenomena known as emotion is considered a mental disorder."
#18XtremeWRATH360Posted 7/10/2014 6:53:34 AM
Going forward i won't buy anything from Rockstar because of the way they treat PC gamers. Sure i want GTA V but no way in hell am i giving them any money after they jerked us PC customers around.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#19SinisterSlayPosted 7/10/2014 6:55:07 AM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Going forward i won't buy anything from Rockstar because of the way they treat PC gamers. Sure i want GTA V but no way in hell am i giving them any money after they jerked us PC customers around.

Though Rockstar will see that as a reason to not bother supporting PC games because few people bought it at full price. They will be completely blind to the fact that the game has lost value over the half year it took them to release it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#20Blade_KirbyPosted 7/10/2014 6:56:08 AM
EA and Activision. Reasoning should be self-explanatory.

Ubisoft looks to make that list for how douchey they've been lately. Not that it really matters, I have like 2, maybe 3 games made by them.
---
"Ok when Terramorphous dies we're all gonna whip our ***** out and whoever has the biggest one gets all the loot." - Gnarrkill