This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is a sealed liquid cooler suppose to make noise when shaken?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is a sealed liquid cooler suppose to make noise when shaken?

User Info: Jiazhen

Jiazhen
2 years ago#1
I just bough a zalman lq-320 and the radiator makes a swishing noise when shaken, like a half full water bottle. Isn't it suppose to be fully filled with liquid so there will be no noise when shaken?
FX 8320 | XFX 280X | 8GB | GA-990FXA-UD5 | EVO 250GB | 3TB | HX620 | Carbide 200r

User Info: Clutch_Theory

Clutch_Theory
2 years ago#2
How would the liquid move through the loop if the whole thing was completely filled? Magic?

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#3
^ How about just simple mechanical action, i.e. the pump?
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Jiazhen
2 years ago#4
Pardon me for not being very knowledgeable about how liquid cooling systems work, but how will a lack of air affect liquid movement through the loop if there is a pump pushing the liquid?
FX 8320 | XFX 280X | 8GB | GA-990FXA-UD5 | EVO 250GB | 3TB | HX620 | Carbide 200r

User Info: Monkeymage

Monkeymage
2 years ago#5
Clutch_Theory getting BTFO
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI

Jiazhen
2 years ago#6
does anyone here own one of these all in one liquid coolers care to give theirs a shake to test it out for me?

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#7
Sorry, I have two but never tried shaking them. Instinctively I would say it's a bit odd that you can hear liquid sloshing around, which implies air bubbles, which doesn't sound like a good idea, but it's pure conjecture on my part.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: kill2this

kill2this
2 years ago#8
I've just shaken my H60 and couldn't hear sloshing, bare in mind this is one unit.

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
2 years ago#9
Depends on the unit. In the manual of your cooler it will likely tell you not to mount it a certain way.

Really it's nothing to worry about though
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg [My Rig + Specs] - - - - http://youtu.be/cfh4MK6kW3w
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

User Info: blax34dm

blax34dm
2 years ago#10
Clutch_Theory posted...
How would the liquid move through the loop if the whole thing was completely filled? Magic?

Omg lol....

Please tell me you were making a joke?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is a sealed liquid cooler suppose to make noise when shaken?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived