This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it wrong to be hyped for Dragon Age 3?

#110cu_87Posted 7/11/2014 2:00:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12TheCommunatorPosted 7/11/2014 2:03:32 AM
it_r_over9000 posted...
Yes.
#13Game-XpertPosted 7/11/2014 2:25:49 AM
All we can do is wait and see.
---
3DS/PC/PS3
#14Mudkip57Posted 7/11/2014 3:07:12 AM(edited)
Haven't seen anything to change my mind. In addition, EA seem to have gotten into the practice of not compiling the base game and DLC into a collection or bundle. So I have even less reasons to consider
#15king_gimpy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 3:07:51 AM
Mudkip57 posted...
In addition, EA seem to have gotten into the practice of not compiling the base and DLC into a collection or bundle.

This still bugs me. Sure I only paid $15 for DA 2, but the DLC is still $40 :\
---
There's an old sayin' down on the bayou that goes- BLEAH!
#16sarevokmbPosted 7/11/2014 3:47:20 AM
Why would it be wrong? Sure, the series is struggling to find its identity, but none of the games in the series (or any games by Bioware, really) have been bad.

I also disagree with the general opinion that DA2 was bad. Sure, it sucked that the locations were repeated again and again, but the story was interesting (a more focused, personal story rather than generic fantasy), and the combat was excellent (fast paced, but still tactical. Better than the watered down version of Baldur's Gate's combat that DA:O used).
---
GET YOUR TRIGGER ON! (This is my catch fraise)
NNID: GokaiSilver
#17Darkking4Posted 7/11/2014 3:50:12 AM
Its not wrong but its sometimes unwise to be hyped for these new Bioware games, Bioware doesn't seem to put out the same level of quality games it used to release. It's only unwise because when you are extremely hyped and it doesn't meet your expectations you will be very disappointed.
If you are not hyped you wont be disappointed!
---
EVGA GTX 760 - i5 750 - G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Antec 300 Illusion- Gigabyte P55A-UD3- Antec Earthwatts 650W- AOC 21.5" 1920x1080
#18KURRUPTORPosted 7/11/2014 3:53:34 AM
I don't expect much, definitely won't be pre-ordering again that's for damn sure.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#19GwendalPosted 7/11/2014 5:34:21 AM(edited)
sarevokmb posted...
I also disagree with the general opinion that DA2 was bad. Sure, it sucked that the locations were repeated again and again, but the story was interesting (a more focused, personal story rather than generic fantasy), and the combat was excellent (fast paced, but still tactical. Better than the watered down version of Baldur's Gate's combat that DA:O used).

I'm not sure I'd agree that DA2 had better combat, since the spawning waves of enemies were pretty silly, and the removal of the tactical view made it much more of a hassle to position characters and use abilities. And as an aside, why would they remove that even from the PC version, but then not even offer PC users native controller support in return?

Agreed about the story, though. It had its flaws and all, but it was an interesting experiment, especially considering how traditional DA:O was.

As for DA:I, it's a Bioware game, with everything that entails. If you enjoyed the older DA games or Bioware stuff in general, you're probably going to enjoy this one too. If you can't stand them, this game won't change your mind. For those who just hated DA2 in particular, it looks like they're going out of their way to avoid the worst flaws from that game and are actively trying to appease fans of Origins.
---
Currently playing:
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PC), Trails in the Sky FC (PC)
#20machetemanPosted 7/11/2014 5:45:08 AM
I've seen the most recent 16 minute gameplay footage from Gamespot and I must say....the game looks great. Definitely more Dragon Age Origins rather than DA2.