This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it wrong to be hyped for Dragon Age 3?

#21blax34dmPosted 7/11/2014 5:01:45 AM
macheteman posted...
I've seen the most recent 16 minute gameplay footage from Gamespot and I must say....the game looks great. Definitely more Dragon Age Origins rather than DA2.

Gotta agree with this, the combat I thought looked really cool.
#22DisastersaurusPosted 7/11/2014 5:04:12 AM(edited)
I'm hyped. You know why?

Because I thought Dragon Age 2 was great. I really didn't mind the things people tended to complain about [like repetitive environments, action-y combat, etc].

I like action games with dialogue options, so I don't mind streamlining. I love all of Bioware's recent stuff, so hell yeah I'm hype for DA:I.
---
video games are for children
#23JohnMafiaPosted 7/11/2014 5:06:03 AM
DA 2 was disappointing to me, but I will never call it bad. I played through it twice and though it feels obviously rushed and had quite a few issues like the repeated environments, overall story being basically non existent and some of the story inconsistencies and out of nowhere retconing from the previous games. However, I still enjoyed the 100 or so hours I put in it.

I don't get into the whole make statements against a publisher by boycotting their games or pre-hate games before they are even out. If a game looks interesting I will play it regardless of who made it. I just wanna play games, not make statements. Dragon Age Inquisition is one my most anticipated games cause it looks interesting and its a continuation of a series I enjoy. Simple.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1173050/wilson-cruz.gif
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-28790-0508f1032d1c7d.gif
#24SinisterSlayPosted 7/11/2014 5:07:19 AM
I wouldn't get too hyped just yet, at least not enough to buy it.
Wait a year or 2 for all the on disc DLC to be unlocked.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25yarsPosted 7/11/2014 5:08:53 AM
as someone who really liked da2 and thought it was better than the first, i'm strangely not that hyped for da3. probably because i'm playing original sin.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#26SavageDonzillaPosted 7/11/2014 5:08:56 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic about DA3.

Hoping it gets controller support. I refuse to go back to DA2 cause no native controller support on PC for some stupid reason.
---
It's time to add PS4 & Xbox One/Xbone to the banned list on the PC board.
#27youngfossilPosted 7/11/2014 5:15:55 AM
SavageDonzilla posted...

Hoping it gets controller support. I refuse to go back to DA2 cause no native controller support on PC for some stupid reason.

No bioware games have controller support on the PC
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#28GwendalPosted 7/11/2014 5:24:43 AM(edited)
youngfossil posted...
SavageDonzilla posted...

That's always been puzzling to me, since they already have a complete controller UI setup for the consoles, and lots of games with a tenth of Bioware's budgets manage to offer native controller support.

That said, DA:I looks pretty painful to play with a controller anyway judging from that gameplay video, since the tactical view is back and all.
---
Currently playing:
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PC), Trails in the Sky FC (PC)
#29SavageDonzillaPosted 7/11/2014 5:25:42 AM
youngfossil posted...
SavageDonzilla posted...

That saddens me. I was able to get past that with ME and DA:O but DA2 just feels like a straight up console game port. I suppose I'll still give DA3 a try. It will just be on sale.
---
It's time to add PS4 & Xbox One/Xbone to the banned list on the PC board.
#30SilentHawk29Posted 7/11/2014 6:28:17 AM
sarevokmb posted...

I also disagree with the general opinion that DA2 was bad. Sure, it sucked that the locations were repeated again and again, but the story was interesting (a more focused, personal story rather than generic fantasy), and the combat was excellent (fast paced, but still tactical. Better than the watered down version of Baldur's Gate's combat that DA:O used).

Story may have been better (despite having major flaws, like the entire last act for instance), but the characters weren't. For example, Anders constantly getting a hard on for the main character and then getting upset when declined (when IIRC, he was straight in the DA:O expansion) and the anime brooding elf with a big sword, Then there was the complete retconning of other characters (Flemeth, Isabela) or an entire race (Qunari).

Oh, and combat still being tactical? Yeah, no. Enemies drop from the sky behind your mages and archers. Repeatedly. Then there was the removal of the tactical camera. Only thing they got right with the combat in this game is it felt more weighty.

Plus, there are other issues with the game. It takes place over 10 years and in one city. So why the hell does the city never change? Why do most characters never change? Kirkwall has to be one of the most lifeless cities Bioware have ever crafted.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg