This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it wrong to be hyped for Dragon Age 3?

#31dekouPosted 7/11/2014 7:56:49 AM
I'm cautiously looking forward to it, but I think buying it right away would be really stupid. Wait a few weeks for a decent amount of reviews, then wait to see the DLC plans, if there's a whole lot of DLC wait until the inevitable GOTY edition comes out and is discounted. Fortunately, it looks like this year will be great for RPGs, so I see absolutely no reason to be excited about DA3. It's EAWare, after all.
---
Intel Pentium II OC @ 450 MHz | 128 Mb RAM | Falcon Northwest Special Edition Maxi Gamer Xentor 32 SE | 2x 4 Gb Seagate HDD
#32Xtreme-VoidPosted 7/11/2014 7:59:58 AM
Looks good not as much hype as The Witcher 3 though
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#33machetemanPosted 7/11/2014 8:16:41 AM(edited)
dekou posted...
I'm cautiously looking forward to it, but I think buying it right away would be really stupid.

I am of the belief that buying ANY game right away would be really stupid, no matter the publisher, developer, or IP.
#34dekouPosted 7/11/2014 8:08:39 AM
macheteman posted...
dekou posted...
I'm cautiously looking forward to it, but I think buying it right away would be really stupid.

I am off the belief that buying ANY game right away would be really stupid, no matter the publisher, developer, or IP.

True, but it's more pronounced in this case.
---
Intel Pentium II OC @ 450 MHz | 128 Mb RAM | Falcon Northwest Special Edition Maxi Gamer Xentor 32 SE | 2x 4 Gb Seagate HDD
#35TehPwnzererPosted 7/11/2014 8:11:05 AM
You're greatly setting yourself up for disappointment by thinking about it and hyping yourself up for it. It's not wrong, but there's a very good chance it won't be as good as you are thinking it will be. It's not even on my radar. The original DA was made prior to Bioware selling out to EA. That's why it was so good. The moment EA acquired them it was a freefall from the top of Olympus down to the pits of Hades.
#36Saber_DarkPosted 7/11/2014 8:18:02 AM(edited)
youngfossil posted...
SavageDonzilla posted...
I'm cautiously optimistic about DA3.

Hoping it gets controller support. I refuse to go back to DA2 cause no native controller support on PC for some stupid reason.

No bioware games have controller support on the PC

This one will though. They already confirmed this as a feature with switchable UI. You still have access to the tactical view with a controller as well.

I'm excited about the game but then I loved the first one and thought the second was okay but not great.
#37BuyersRemorse55Posted 7/11/2014 8:24:03 AM
DA3 looks pretty great. STop crying about bioware and EA. Yes DA2 was a step back in some parts but they did improve the graphics and the combat a lot in that title.

ME3 is fine overall besides butt hurt ending but it was the greatest game of the series gameplay wise easily.
#38BuyersRemorse55Posted 7/11/2014 8:25:03 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...
You're greatly setting yourself up for disappointment by thinking about it and hyping yourself up for it. It's not wrong, but there's a very good chance it won't be as good as you are thinking it will be. It's not even on my radar. The original DA was made prior to Bioware selling out to EA. That's why it was so good. The moment EA acquired them it was a freefall from the top of Olympus down to the pits of Hades.

lol drama. All biowares games have been excellent since EA, except DA2, that was really the only disappointing game they have launched
#39uped145Posted 7/11/2014 8:27:01 AM
I'm hyped too honestly. DA2 doesn't exist in my mind, so hopefully this is the sequel we've all been waiting for.
#40x_stevey_xPosted 7/11/2014 8:27:06 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...

it was actually made during the transition.. it has horrible dlc and pre order implementations which is intrusive to the actual game .. "hello traveler, can you help me with this? first you must buy the dlc to do so! " "here's some in game gear that makes you stronger for preordering!"

luckily you can disable the gear and avoid the dlc nonsense if you have the ultimate edition.. and the game itself is great and seems to be made before EA got its hands involved