This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it wrong to be hyped for Dragon Age 3?

#41AlleRacingPosted 7/11/2014 7:33:42 AM
king_gimpy posted...
I'm currently playing the first game and I love it, probably one of the best WRPGs I've ever played.

Is it the only WRPG you've ever played?
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png
#42SilentHawk29Posted 7/11/2014 7:42:46 AM
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
STop crying about bioware and EA. Yes DA2 was a step back in some parts but they did improve the graphics and the combat a lot in that title.

Yeah, everything was a step back except for the two most important aspects of an RPG, graphics and combat!!

Please go back to your consoles.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#43MadPinoRagePosted 7/11/2014 7:43:08 AM
The game will only be a stepping stone to The Witcher 3. I most likely won't buy DA3 until it goes on a big discounted sale sometime in the next few years.
---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
#44dementedlullabyPosted 7/11/2014 8:32:40 AM
It's not wrong to be hyped. Personally I'm suspending my hype. I loved Origins but hated 2. It was poop.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#450cu_87Posted 7/11/2014 8:34:42 AM
Witcher 3 will stomp anything.
---
"A mine is like a lover. You have to be gentle, so she welcomes you moist and hot." - Sheldon Skaggs, Witcher 2
#46GynthaeresPosted 7/11/2014 8:47:35 AM
I don't understand how people could possibly be hyped for the game.

I mean firstly, it's published by EA. So many reasons why this is bad, with most recent examples being the Sims 4 controversy, and the recent statements that they "innovated too much" and that "customers weren't ready" for Dungeon Keeper Mobile.

And secondly, for me at least, it's a case of... how many times do you need to be burned before you stop touching the stove?
Dragon Age Origins? Personally I thought it was mediocre. A huge letdown in a lot of ways, from lackluster party, to a poor story, to clunky combat, to bad DLC practices.
Mass Effect 3? Not a terrible game, but after that ending, and the way they defended the ending (artistic integrity, lol), a lot of trust was lost.
Dragon Age 2? Personally I liked it more than DAO, but there's still not much of an argument against it being a poor game.
The Old Republic? Two hundred million spent on it, lots of hype... got a reskinned, bland, and soul-less WoW.

Soooo... why on earth would I be hyped about Bioware's latest offerings? Why would anyone? It's mind-blowing to me that people still care.

AlleRacing posted...
king_gimpy posted...
I'm currently playing the first game and I love it, probably one of the best WRPGs I've ever played.

Generally my attitude when people say stuff like this. DAO wouldn't even be in my top 10.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#47king_gimpy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 5:56:39 PM(edited)
AlleRacing posted...

Played Baldur's Gate and Knights of the Old Republic, prefer Dragon Age.
---
There's an old sayin' down on the bayou that goes- BLEAH!
#48SneakiestNegPosted 7/11/2014 6:08:42 PM
Question: why compare games that were released years in between? I play more than one RPG every 5 years.
Just because Jade Empire will never be topped does not mean I'll never play a bioware game again because they are all worse than the game I played years ago.
#49king_gimpy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 6:26:19 PM
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is a a close second for favorite western rpg. Baldur's Gate is very high *but* it's based on 2nd Edition AD&D which is one of my least favorite editions of D&D.

That drags it down.
---
There's an old sayin' down on the bayou that goes- BLEAH!