This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hell is wrong with my G3258?

#11KingKoboPosted 7/11/2014 1:06:09 PM
Looks like you just got a dud TC. What cooler are you using?
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/11/2014 1:28:15 PM
Hi C posted...
Welcome to Intel paying reviewers to exaggerate a chip you know is an extreme budget cpu.

"oh what yours didn't get that high? Not a science, not a guarantee, please understand".

AMD's been caught pants down doing this with r9 GPUs, actually, and in that case, it greatly affected stock performance.
You're never guaranteed a particular OC.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#13Jeffw88(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 2:21:46 PM
either way, still disappointed. :(
---
Just because you think it is right, it doesn't make it right for everyone. Even you.
You're being trolled only if you let them.
#14Jeffw88(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 2:21:55 PM
KingKobo posted...
Looks like you just got a dud TC. What cooler are you using?

hyper 212 evo dual fans.
---
Just because you think it is right, it doesn't make it right for everyone. Even you.
#15mkil5Posted 7/11/2014 2:30:06 PM
What voltages and clockspeeds are you trying?
#16Jeffw88(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 9:10:44 PM
right now 4ghz at 1.3v is the only way to keep it stable.
---
#17drinkPosted 7/11/2014 10:40:25 PM
Where did you buy it from TC and how long ago?
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#18mkil5Posted 7/12/2014 12:43:53 AM(edited)
Jeffw88 posted...

Have you tried going and resetting all of your BIOS options? Maybe enabling optimized defaults?

I just hit 4.2ghz stable @ 1.16V with my G3258 by only changing the multiplier and using stock cooling. I ordered a 212 today to get into the higher voltages.

I'm afraid you may have gotten the runt of the litter if you have went to default then tried, especially since you have a 212 cooling it. I'm sorry man, sometimes that is just the risk we take by buying with intentions of OC'ing.

Your MB looks like it is really good. I had a Gigabyte when I used a 775 socket and I was never able to OC my Core 2 Duo at all because of it, and I have had a thing against Gigabyte since then. But I am in the minority there. I am only using a MSI Z97 U3 Plus.
#19Jeffw88(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 2:24:41 PM
drink posted...
Where did you buy it from TC and how long ago?

a week ago, from newegg canada.

mkil5 posted...
Jeffw88 posted...

Have you tried going and resetting all of your BIOS options? Maybe enabling optimized defaults?

I just hit 4.2ghz stable @ 1.16V with my G3258 by only changing the multiplier and using stock cooling. I ordered a 212 today to get into the higher voltages.

I'm afraid you may have gotten the runt of the litter if you have went to default then tried, especially since you have a 212 cooling it. I'm sorry man, sometimes that is just the risk we take by buying with intentions of OC'ing.

Your MB looks like it is really good. I had a Gigabyte when I used a 775 socket and I was never able to OC my Core 2 Duo at all because of it, and I have had a thing against Gigabyte since then. But I am in the minority there. I am only using a MSI Z97 U3 Plus.

Oh yes, plenty of times. I reset bios whenever when it won't even boot sometimes.
if I oc just by changing multiplier, i can't get past 3.6ghz.
---