This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC Gamer calls Divinity: OS "best new RPG in years"

#21r7gerrabbitPosted 7/11/2014 12:59:09 PM
LazyyAmerican posted...
I like the game but the d*** riding needs to stop...it's getting tedious to see everyone under the sun go.omgosh it teh bestest!#!!???

It's been years since we got a good RPG that treats the player like he has a semi-functional brain.
Too many games these days pretend all players are idiots, and they focus only on story.

It's a breath of fresh air to gaming, and it is GOOD to see it getting the attention it deserves.
---
Sig.
#22JKatarnPosted 7/11/2014 2:26:28 PM(edited)
GTL581 posted...
they call it the best rpg in years, yet still give it an 87. looking over the scores they gave certain rpgs over the past few years (90's/100 and up) makes me scratch my head. i get that it's most likely different people doing the reviews, but come on. aaa game's scores being inflated simply because of hype and big name sequels, this is why i stopped paying attention to reviews on gaming sites

Then you have users that will give a game an unfairly low review because of some company policy or because they simply dislike the franchise/give a flawed game a perfect score and glowing review based on their own very slanted preferences. Then then are those that simply don't understand system requirements and give a game a negative reviews as a result etc. These are the user reviews you can actually understand of course. I tend to look at both professional and user reviews as well as gameplay videos to form an opinion as both professionals and gamers alike can be too generous/negative.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#23x_stevey_xPosted 7/11/2014 3:00:28 PM
another forever shadowed divinity leg humping topic
#24SolidManifestPosted 7/11/2014 4:10:56 PM
Does this game play like the first Dragon Age?
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#25Dark_SpiretPosted 7/11/2014 4:31:23 PM
and theyd be right.

tho thats not saying a hell of a lot given just how many rpg's of this scope came out in the last few years.
---
Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin - Sniper Elite III - Shovel Knight
#26shmirlywhirlPosted 7/11/2014 4:38:22 PM
I've put a good number of hours in it and my only complaint (other than everyone singing it's praises everywhere) would be the lack of an editable section in the journal. Coming from Baldurs Gate right before I'm sorely disappointed I can't keep track and make notes of things as I see fit.
---
Now with 100% real fruit juice
#27majinbuu58Posted 7/11/2014 5:04:32 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
Freedom, simulation, depth, and respect for the player's choices.

lol wth

tell me how the game should be played AAA-style or gtfo.

...AAA-style? What?
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#28BogePosted 7/11/2014 10:31:28 PM
turtlebeach21 posted...
Boge posted...

I hate waypoints in games. They just distract you and make it a waypoint hopping game. This game doesn't have waypoints, which is good, but it certainly would be really good to know where to go to turn a quest in at least, and do a better job letting you know that a quest chain is completed so you can erase it from your memory.

wat? go in your journal and uncheck filter completed then you will see all the quests you've completed..

I don't mean that. I mean like a sound or something. Maybe I'm not seeing the big XP numbers, but that would be nice if not. Just something like that to say,"You finished a quest!!!" Guess I'm just used to that from other games the past decade.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#29BendoHendoPosted 7/11/2014 11:20:07 PM
>"Best RPG in years"
>Scores lower than Dragon Age 2, The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim, etc.

Seems legit.

PC Gamer has sucked for about 10 years now.

--