This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is so fun about M&B Warband?

#1XxTrifuzzxXPosted 7/11/2014 11:52:50 AM
I just played it for 45 minutes and all I took away from it is the combat is clunky, the movement is god awful, and the fights are tedious.

What makes this game so fun? Can someone explain this to me?
---
Bleh
#2RPGMattPosted 7/11/2014 11:53:42 AM
The combat is amazing, you just aren't good at it right away.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#3LMTTNPosted 7/11/2014 11:55:33 AM
I picked up on the combat in minutes and I really enjoy it. I could see people thinking that it is too slow, and the animation could definitely make it look clunky. If anything, it's certainly a different style of melee combat. At least it's better than Dark Souls' combat.
---
Steam: Macintosh Plus | PSN: letmetrythisname
Now Playing: Fallout
#4SinisterSlayPosted 7/11/2014 11:56:32 AM
Once you get the combat down, it feels very fluid and natural.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5XxTrifuzzxX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 11:57:03 AM
OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO it ain't better than dark souls combat!
---
Bleh
#6XxTrifuzzxX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 11:57:53 AM
Believe me I'm not being a troll or anything when I say this, but the combat feels worse than Oblivion's TO ME.
---
Bleh
#7SinisterSlayPosted 7/11/2014 11:59:24 AM
XxTrifuzzxX posted...
Believe me I'm not being a troll or anything when I say this, but the combat feels worse than Oblivion's TO ME.

You can't even aim in oblivion, let alone parry.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8chandl34Posted 7/11/2014 12:00:16 PM
So you say you're not a troll...?
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#9XxTrifuzzxX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 12:02:21 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
XxTrifuzzxX posted...

You can't even aim in oblivion, let alone parry.

You cant certainly aim.
---
Bleh
#10DC07301981Posted 7/11/2014 12:05:28 PM
I just bought the complete edition last night and it finished downloading this morning. Haven't played it yet but plan on starting it up tonight and see what I've been missing out on.

Glad I purchased it, seems like one of those games you can lose yourself in for hours, which is exactly the kind of game I'm looking for.