This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is so fun about M&B Warband?

#11XxTrifuzzxX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 12:07:01 PM
DC07301981 posted...
I just bought the complete edition last night and it finished downloading this morning. Haven't played it yet but plan on starting it up tonight and see what I've been missing out on.

Glad I purchased it, seems like one of those games you can lose yourself in for hours, which is exactly the kind of game I'm looking for.

I hope you enjoy it more than I did. If you're into a slower paced, more strategic combat system then you'll probably like it.
---
Bleh
#12SinisterSlayPosted 7/11/2014 12:11:52 PM
XxTrifuzzxX posted...
DC07301981 posted...
I just bought the complete edition last night and it finished downloading this morning. Haven't played it yet but plan on starting it up tonight and see what I've been missing out on.

Glad I purchased it, seems like one of those games you can lose yourself in for hours, which is exactly the kind of game I'm looking for.

I hope you enjoy it more than I did. If you're into a slower paced, more strategic combat system then you'll probably like it.

Slower?
Your really doing it wrong if it's seeming slow.
Considering you can die in a single hit...
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13DC07301981Posted 7/11/2014 12:14:04 PM
XxTrifuzzxX posted...
DC07301981 posted...

We'll see tonight. After I get some things done around the house I'll have a few hours to sink into the game to see how it is. It was on sale and it was cheap so I won't feel as bad if the game turns out to be an experience I don't really enjoy. The game looks like everything I want in a game though, which is why I bought it.

Maybe put some more time into the game? Some games I have I didn't like for a while because I didn't understand the mechanics at first, but after investing more time and really learning the controls and mechanics of the game I started to enjoy them.
#14Bazooka_PenguinPosted 7/11/2014 12:22:55 PM
Did you switch the controls to one of the manual aiming setups?
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#15RPGMattPosted 7/11/2014 12:26:00 PM
If you don't like Mount and Blade you're literally a bad person.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#16Forever ShadowedPosted 7/11/2014 12:35:48 PM
IT definietly one of those open world, rough around the edges game.

Clearly its presentation is not going to impress you.

But the idea of roaming a land, building up and army, and see THAT army take to battle next to you in real time is great.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#17SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/11/2014 12:38:11 PM
Overrated game overall
#18chandl34Posted 7/11/2014 12:46:09 PM(edited)
XxTrifuzzxX posted...
DC07301981 posted...

Slow paced? M&B has some of the most intense, large-scale battles of any behind-the-back action game. Did you get further than fighting a few looters by yourself? That's not exactly what the game is like.

Try getting the battle sizer utility, and fighting a few 250 vs 250 battles, then come back and tell us how slow-paced it is. While you're at it, look in the settings and set combat speed to fastest.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#19AnimorganimatePosted 7/11/2014 12:39:16 PM
RPGMatt posted...
If you don't like Mount and Blade you're literally a bad person.

lol . . . I usually wouldn't support a blanket stereotype such as that, but in the case of Mount & Blade: Warband, I completely agree.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#20calcyclePosted 7/11/2014 1:04:48 PM
People keep saying that Mount and Blade is better than Chivalry in combat, but I disagree. It may be more fun in MnB to do the strategic aspects of the game with running your faction, but the on foot fighting feels lacking in comparison to Chivalry. The use of directional attacks, mouse or keys, slows gameplay and makes chaining attacks clunky and makes everything more jousty, turning fights into whoever can run into the other with their weapon held high and hit the opponent first wins. I had this very same experience with War of the Roses with its floaty combat and did not like it there. Horses are nice though, they add another aspect into the game that shifts the power balance in a fight.

The game seems nice from what I have played, but for my multiplayer melee combat needs I shall stick with Chivalry.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity