This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is so fun about M&B Warband?

#21codyorrPosted 7/11/2014 2:09:35 PM
After 247 hours, all I can say is GIMMIE MORE!
#22RPGMattPosted 7/11/2014 4:24:21 PM
calcycle posted...
People keep saying that Mount and Blade is better than Chivalry in combat, but I disagree. It may be more fun in MnB to do the strategic aspects of the game with running your faction, but the on foot fighting feels lacking in comparison to Chivalry. The use of directional attacks, mouse or keys, slows gameplay and makes chaining attacks clunky and makes everything more jousty, turning fights into whoever can run into the other with their weapon held high and hit the opponent first wins. I had this very same experience with War of the Roses with its floaty combat and did not like it there. Horses are nice though, they add another aspect into the game that shifts the power balance in a fight.

The game seems nice from what I have played, but for my multiplayer melee combat needs I shall stick with Chivalry.

What? You know about feinting, right?
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#23NingishzidaPosted 7/11/2014 6:35:45 PM
chandl34 posted...
So you say you're not a troll...?
#24KharilllePosted 7/11/2014 6:41:48 PM
Just got into it in the past 3 weeks. Staying up way past bedtime... always playing the same way, using archers... but yeah, combat can be fun. Really can't hit anything with my sword mind you.
#25LoshadtPosted 7/11/2014 6:45:19 PM(edited)
All the points in the OP are basically flat-out lies. The combat is clunky in comparison to games like Skyrim because it isn't "mash left mouse to swing sword really fast".

Kharillle posted...
Really can't hit anything with my sword mind you.

If you're on horseback it's because you need to point the camera down while swinging, and only opt for side swings instead of thrusts unless your opponent is also on horseback.
---
Scientifically proven.
#26Fade2black001Posted 7/11/2014 6:50:43 PM(edited)
RPGMatt posted...
The combat is amazing, you just aren't good at it right away.

No its not. Its dull and boring as hell

RPGMatt posted...
If you don't like Mount and Blade you're literally a bad person.

Wow. Most ignorant post of the century.

The game overall is boring and dull and the combat is OPK at best. The game is completely overrated.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#27NingishzidaPosted 7/11/2014 6:51:33 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Wow. Most ignorant post of the century.

The game overall is boring and dull and the combat is OPK at best. The game is completely overrated.

Sounds like you're just not good at strategy gaming OR action combat. May I suggest you go back to Angry Birds, and stay there?
#28x_stevey_xPosted 7/11/2014 6:51:51 PM(edited)
i've definitely played worse games , but nothing about it is good to me
#29RPGMattPosted 7/11/2014 7:02:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30NingishzidaPosted 7/11/2014 7:08:14 PM
x_stevey_x posted...
i've definitely played worse games , but nothing about it is good to me

<ridiculously_obvious_sarcasm>
Wow, really? NOTHING about it is good to you?

Not the mounted combat? Not the siege warfare? Not the vast array of weapons, armors and troops? Not the sandbox overland map? Not the fact that chargen and character building is meaningful? Not the companions, and how they add to your skills? Not the diplomacy? Not the music? Not the multi-player. Not the MODS? Not how easy multiple mods are to dev, and install? Not the fact the game requires planning, and skill? Not the fact it doesn't hold your hand? Not the fact you can meet enemies much tougher than you, even at lvl1? Not the fact you need to keep a healthy respect for enemies, even at high player levels? Not the fact the game can be played on a crappy laptop at lowest settings, but challenge even an OC'd i7 at highest tweaked settings? Not the mods, mods, mods?

Wow. There really is nothing good to you about Warband. You're so awesome, I wish I had such a highly cultivated taste as you so that I could tilt my glasses down and look down my nose to dismiss one of the greatest games ever made, to make myself feel better.
</ridiculously_obvious_sarcasm>