This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is so fun about M&B Warband?

#31RPGMattPosted 7/11/2014 7:08:35 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
RPGMatt posted...
The combat is amazing, you just aren't good at it right away.

No its not. Its dull and boring as hell

RPGMatt posted...
If you don't like Mount and Blade you're literally a bad person.

Wow. Most ignorant post of the century.

Based on who's arguing, I'd say my post was pretty accurate...
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#32chandl34Posted 7/11/2014 7:10:57 PM(edited)
Kharillle posted...
Just got into it in the past 3 weeks. Staying up way past bedtime... always playing the same way, using archers... but yeah, combat can be fun. Really can't hit anything with my sword mind you.

Once get good with a sword on horse, it's much more effective than horse archery. Just remember, your sword actually has to animate through the enemy to be considered a hit.

I try to save my arrows until I really need them.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#33KharilllePosted 7/11/2014 7:15:07 PM
Guess I need to experiment more. I know using a scimitar I just keep hitting the mouse button.

Gave up on the shield. Does have its uses, but I'd much rather have 60 arrows. I got a nasty feeling I'm taking advantage of the limited AI using my usual hold orders and then charging around the battlefield by myself on a courser. Restarted twice since I didn't know about battlefield commands, and my cavalry tended to get smeared early in the battlefield.
#34pyro_buntaPosted 7/11/2014 7:15:11 PM
Just got this yesterday. Gonna try the game out today. I played a little bit back then and liked the combat mechanics. The only thing that bothers me are visuals and presentation. I think I'll get over it.

How does multiplayer work exactly?
---
<< My son's a big fan of yours. Well, me too. >>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKktHuT_ijE
#35DiscernPosted 7/11/2014 7:20:27 PM
I was having a hard time attacking in the tutorial. Tried to do what it said by swiping the mouse and pressing the left mouse and either I'd be successful or my camera would just go nuts in the direction I was trying to move the mouse and not do anything else. I'm guessing it's just because I'm not good at it, but after a good half hour of not being able to attack, I felt annoyed and stopped lol.

Seems like it'd be a good game if I could figure out how to attack without my camera going every which way.
---
GT- Discern88
#36KidInTheHallPosted 7/11/2014 7:25:45 PM
I was tempted to buy this at that price til I saw on the store page that I already owned it....neato.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#37-5xad0w-Posted 7/11/2014 7:26:41 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
I was tempted to buy this at that price til I saw on the store page that I already owned it....neato.

I know that feel.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#38NingishzidaPosted 7/11/2014 7:27:55 PM
Kharillle posted...
Gave up on the shield. Does have its uses, but I'd much rather have 60 arrows.

In the face?
#39chandl34Posted 7/11/2014 7:28:11 PM
Kharillle posted...
Guess I need to experiment more. I know using a scimitar I just keep hitting the mouse button.

Gave up on the shield. Does have its uses, but I'd much rather have 60 arrows. I got a nasty feeling I'm taking advantage of the limited AI using my usual hold orders and then charging around the battlefield by myself on a courser. Restarted twice since I didn't know about battlefield commands, and my cavalry tended to get smeared early in the battlefield.

Try one of the two-handed axes or the two-handed war cleaver from a horse. You get huge range with those, so it's much easier to hit. I used to do 60 arrows on horseback too, but I moved to two-handed then to one-handed + shield. Sieges, I still use 60 arrows or 40 + two-hander.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#40RPGMattPosted 7/11/2014 7:28:36 PM
It took me a long time to get comfortable with melee too. I still have a bad habit of twisting my wrist and getting the wrong blocks. Best way I found was to get some recruits and keep training them at one of those camps on the map... They were training me, really. Make sure manual blocking is on.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe