This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is so fun about M&B Warband?

#51LoshadtPosted 7/11/2014 8:51:39 PM
Ningishzida posted...
Shields are useful everywhere if you play on full dmg, IMO. You can ride around and kite low level guys like forest bandits pretty easily, but then you come up against a cavalry of mounted Khergit archers and get pin cushioned to death. Again, with high skill of dodging arrows as you chase them down or low difficulty and luck it isn't as much of a problem but otherwise "no shield" presents a consistent problem, as body shots hurt like hell and headshots are almost always fatal on full dmg diff.

While shields are definitely important to have, they can be worked around with a certain level of strategy, at least to a point. My strategy for Rhodok Crossbowmen is to send my Mamlukes charging in at the front since their shields and horses eat the brunt of the damage, then I circle around the back and clear them out with my two-hander. That being said I have to resort to that because I have yet to find a Bastard Sword that can come even close to the damage I put out with my greatsword.
---
Scientifically proven.
#52NingishzidaPosted 7/11/2014 9:02:57 PM
I can't remember exactly, but I think I had a masterwork balanced bastard sword. omg, it was awesome. Carved enemy ranks apart like a hot knife thru butter. Three low swings slicing them in the face as I pass thru a rank, then rinse repeat my passes. Excellent combination of speed, reach and dmg.

But yeah, flanking, mobility and minimal encumbrance with maxed Ironflesh is what I used for my polearm grim reaper. I would ride around the enemy, dismount, and go to town on them from their flanks. Once I got high-tier armor, I could square up on enemies and smash thru the thickest shields, the splintering sound it makes is so satisfying to the ear.
#53DiscernPosted 7/11/2014 9:09:58 PM
chandl34 posted...
Discern posted...
I was having a hard time attacking in the tutorial. Tried to do what it said by swiping the mouse and pressing the left mouse and either I'd be successful or my camera would just go nuts in the direction I was trying to move the mouse and not do anything else. I'm guessing it's just because I'm not good at it, but after a good half hour of not being able to attack, I felt annoyed and stopped lol.

Seems like it'd be a good game if I could figure out how to attack without my camera going every which way.

Might want to mess around with the settings. I haven't played in a few months, but there should be something about directional attacks.

Probably was with the tutorial level, I tried to change the directional movement doing the attacks but it wouldn't do otherwise.
---
GT- Discern88
#54alsroboshackPosted 7/11/2014 9:21:31 PM
XxTrifuzzxX posted...
I just played it for 45 minutes and all I took away from it is the combat is clunky, the movement is god awful, and the fights are tedious.

What makes this game so fun? Can someone explain this to me?

Singleplayer.
---
some people treat life as a game,
some people treat games as life.
#55Fade2black001Posted 7/11/2014 9:42:10 PM
Ningishzida posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Wow. Most ignorant post of the century.

The game overall is boring and dull and the combat is OPK at best. The game is completely overrated.

Sounds like you're just not good at strategy gaming OR action combat. May I suggest you go back to Angry Birds, and stay there?

May I suggest you shut the hell up? Thank you
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#56Fade2black001Posted 7/11/2014 9:42:15 PM
RPGMatt posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
RPGMatt posted...
The combat is amazing, you just aren't good at it right away.

No its not. Its dull and boring as hell

RPGMatt posted...
If you don't like Mount and Blade you're literally a bad person.

Based on who's arguing, I'd say my post was pretty accurate...

You base your opinions of people on a damn game is insanely ignorant and stupid. You should grow up.
---
#57TowerBooks3192Posted 7/11/2014 9:57:39 PM
It is fun without mods. Wait until you see the mods of the game. Game is one of the best things the PC can offer that no console game or other could even come close to. Combat is not perfect and not as tight or slow as chivalry but I prefer it over anything as it is really a great mechanic as you can parry and aim your slashes instead of button mash. Best part is I never saw any game that has perfected mounted combat. Yes the game looks unpolished and all but it is really the best and only game of its kind.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#58RPGMattPosted 7/11/2014 10:49:23 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
RPGMatt posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
RPGMatt posted...
The combat is amazing, you just aren't good at it right away.

No its not. Its dull and boring as hell

RPGMatt posted...
If you don't like Mount and Blade you're literally a bad person.

Based on who's arguing, I'd say my post was pretty accurate...

You base your opinions of people on a damn game is insanely ignorant and stupid. You should grow up.

Go learn how hyperbole works.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#59Fade2black001Posted 7/11/2014 10:56:16 PM
Not once did you state or mention that you were joking... People are supposed to just be psychic huh? OK...
---
#60chandl34Posted 7/11/2014 11:06:05 PM
See what not playing enough Warband gets you? You get all emotional over insults so tame, they couldn't even make a five year-old cry. I got a cure for you: it's Warband.
---
... even on Earth Mode.