This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is so fun about M&B Warband?

#61PR_FiascoPosted 7/11/2014 10:22:17 PM
The thought of roaming a world with my soldiers, fighting in wars for money or fighting bandits for loot is just really appealing. Yeah, the combat isn't great and the graphics are kinda laughable, but who the hell cares? I've got a 200 man war party laying siege to a city!
---
TBWNN
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
#62NingishzidaPosted 7/11/2014 10:33:54 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Not once did you state or mention that you were joking... People are supposed to just be psychic huh? OK...

Time for you to take time out, you need to calm down and realize that trolling about great games gets you nowhere, except on everyone's ****list. You'll never get off it now, so time to get another alt.
#63RPGMattPosted 7/11/2014 10:45:26 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Not once did you state or mention that you were joking... People are supposed to just be psychic huh? OK...

Uh, yeah dude. The rest of us manage. Should I dumb myself down just because you take everything at face value?
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#64pyro_buntaPosted 7/12/2014 4:34:43 AM
Played it for 5 hours or so and I'm enjoying it. Until I realized I didn't know I was playing at native instead of the mods I downloaded. The game suddenly becomes twice as good once I figured out how to actually play the mods. I though they were active automatically.
---
<< My son's a big fan of yours. Well, me too. >>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKktHuT_ijE
#65MagnemightPosted 7/12/2014 4:41:50 AM
say, what're you supposed to do in Warband once you've got 50 or so moderately well-trained troops

I've been killing Sea Raiders and Tundra Bandits for a while now and I'm not sure how to proceed. Whenever I try to join a faction, I get positively stomped by enemy nobles, and nothing else seems to pay well enough to comfortably support the army.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Check out the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#66pyro_buntaPosted 7/12/2014 4:57:23 AM
Everyone's been saying you should go mercenary at this point. I've also heard about feasts and arenas and talking with lords to get closer to their daughters and stuff.
---
<< My son's a big fan of yours. Well, me too. >>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKktHuT_ijE
#67CrissaegrimPosted 7/12/2014 5:29:05 AM
The controls aren't that great but M&B:W is all about the large scale battles, leveling up your characters and equipping them with different gear, and the empire building aspect as you build your army to take over villages, castles and cities which all affect the in game economy.
#68maybecallsPosted 7/12/2014 5:33:59 AM
It's almost singlehandedly kept me interested in modern gaming. According to Steam, I have racked up 1029 hours on Warband (including Napoleonic Wars) so far. Probably an equal mix of offline and online.Never get tired of the combat, and I think it's really well done, as is the horse riding.

Bought the game cheap (on disc) as an impulse buy about two and half years ago, and I'm damned glad I bought it.

Another thing about it that appeals to me is the lack of cutscenes or other unnecessary clutter. It just lets you get on with the gameplay, which is fine by me.
#69KidInTheHallPosted 7/12/2014 5:49:01 AM
Take your suppository Fade....you're having an episode again.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#70clowningPosted 7/12/2014 6:01:38 AM
M&B is the only game I can think of where the combat actually makes sense. Weapons and shields are used correctly, and you don't have that stupid powers with c/d mechanic that needs to die. Furthermore, you have excellent mounted combat, and can build armies, own land, etc.

M&B is like a salve on the oozing open wound that is PC gaming. Most gamers are adults, not little kids, and while sure, goofy and dopey combat is alright now and then, it's nice to have a game that is more intelligently designed for a change. It's not perfect, but nothing is, and M&B is a much needed entry in the gaming space.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle