This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best Anti-virus program?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the best Anti-virus program?
1 year ago#31
dermoratraken posted...
Marikhen posted...
Give updates 24-48 hours and spend some time researching them before applying them. :-/

Worst advice i have ever seen in the history of this board.

You absolutely want to update as soon as possible.

Even when the update creates new, and potentially worse and/or more obvious, security holes or alters computer settings in such a way as to impair normal functioning of the system? There's a reason "look before you leap" is an old saying. Software updates are no different than bridges, cliffs, hills, or putting money into the housing market/economy.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
1 year ago#32
The VERY BEST AV/Malware protection is common sense - it will eliminate 99% of Virus/Malware infections. However, for that 1% (legitimate seeming sites/links, innocuous seeming links that turn into something nasty) I recommend Norton.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
1 year ago#33
MyDogSkip posted...
fatali posted...
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

Cool. Anyone using this should be sure to check out the other tests they ran. I like my antivirus to be as lightweight and inconspicuous as possible while still offering good protection.

Qihu 360 is one of the top programs according to the site and no one talks about it or uses it here besides me
1 year ago#34
Viruses and Malware changes all the time, so the best software that detects and removes them will may change along with it.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
1 year ago#35
mikewu1 posted...
MyDogSkip posted...
fatali posted...

Cool. Anyone using this should be sure to check out the other tests they ran. I like my antivirus to be as lightweight and inconspicuous as possible while still offering good protection.

Qihu 360 is one of the top programs according to the site and no one talks about it or uses it here besides me

how is Qihoo anyways?
1 year ago#36
LaggingRed posted...
mikewu1 posted...
MyDogSkip posted...
fatali posted...

how is Qihoo anyways?

I really like it as it is light and fast. They have 2 versions. Internet Security and Total Security. IS is still getting definitions updates but not any program updates (the one I am using) it has 2 proprietary engines and Bit defender engine.

Total security is the current supported one and I believe it has 3 proprietary engines, Bitdefender and Avira engines. In short it uses multiple antivirus engines and puts them in 1 program. They are the #1 software company in China current (yes china).

A few months ago they got certified my Microsoft as a Security Partner for Windows and is recommend by MS themselves. They are under the radar right now because they have been in the international market for just under a year now. They restricted themselves to china only for a long while
1 year ago#37
I use three programs:

- AVG 2014
- SUPERAntiSpyware
- Malwarebytes

Run them every week, keeps my PC clean and running nicely. Best part, they're all free.
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.
1 year ago#38
360 Total security also has cleaning features too.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the best Anti-virus program?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived