This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick question, is this spec any good?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quick question, is this spec any good?
2 years ago#1
Processor
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz

Processor Main Features
64 bit 6-Core Processor

Cache Per Processor
6MB L2 Cache

Memory
16GB DDR3 1600

Hard Drive
1TB SATA III

Optical Drive
24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive

Graphics
NVIDIA Geforce GT 640 4GB
Founder of Phantom Ops (Wargames) Venchel Crime Family (GTAV)
GT: Lord Takahashi - Blops/HC-FFA best player
2 years ago#2
That's a decent entry-level gaming PC, you won't be maxing games out but you should get away with medium settings at 1920x1080 in most games. Up the GPU to a 670/770 and you'll be able to high/max just about anything with decent performance at 1080p.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
2 years ago#3
Try and up that graphics card at least to the 660 and you'll be golden.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#5
Alright thanks, what graphics would be best recommended? I do wish to max the games I play.
2 years ago#6
I would try and upgrade the processor and the graphics card. Maybe an i5 4440 and an Nvidia GTX 760
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
2 years ago#7
Bare minimum for playing games: 750k + 750 ti

So the processor is good, but you deftly need a new graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127784&cm_re=750_ti-_-14-127-784-_-Product
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
2 years ago#8
Wish gaming on a PC wasn't so complicated. I'd just like to max most things I play, Mod the hell out of Minecraft, Skyrim. Get Civ 5, The Forest, Arma3, maybe play on my TV so a monitor isn't all needed but would of been nice.

I found the build on newegg. I just really wanted something good for the max of $700 as I doubt I could get any more than that, if that even. As my source isn't that reliable so it's a one hot deal.

My builds cost up to 1K so, yeah. :-/ I struggle with having a small budget.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227572&leaderboard=1
(message deleted)
2 years ago#10
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

You paid about $200 more dollars than a system of better performance. The $513 build on the website I posted will outperform your desktop in most games.

To max games, especially ones that aren't out yet i.e. GTA V we don't even know.

For $700 you could have built an excellent PC that maxes almost every game out there. In fact the $700 build on the website I posted absolutely destroys your PC in terms of performance. >_<

$1k isn't a small budget, in fact that's how much I spent on my computer 5 years ago, and until I upgraded my graphics card I was still playing everything on a mix of high/ultra; just upgraded the graphics card in February... I'm still using my CPU from 5 years ago and have yet to run into a problem.

Every modern day graphics card has an HDMI output, so you can just hook up an HDMI cord to your TV, plug in a 360 controller load up steam and use Big Picture Mode. You'd never know it was a PC...

I'll add in a sorry, I can imagine you either feel very sad or pretty mad atm. >_<
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quick question, is this spec any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived