Hey, can you guys let me know if this is a good PC build? I need it primarily for streaming, but it needs to be able to run games at above average settings. The parts are in the picture below.
Also, I have a few questions:
1. Is it better to get 2 4GB RAM or 1 8GB RAM?
2. Is GDDR necessary for my build?
3. Should I go for AMD or Nvidia? I've heard pros and cons for both.
4. What about the SATA HDD? --- ---------------- | Gamertag: iGreedily | Twitch.tv/iGreedily | YouTube.com/iGreedily
#2Infinity8378Posted 7/12/2014 7:12:34 PM
See sig --- There's only one PS4 killer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTT5sUP3lTk
#3ivanderlandPosted 7/12/2014 9:30:15 PM
1: either way, doesn't make enough difference to effect performance. 2: on that rig, won't effect performance to a considerable degree. 3: AMD tends to run hotter and their drivers aren't as optimized, however they're cards are generally at a lower price, so take your pick. 4: the sata is considerably faster, but whether or not to have one is decided mostly by budget.
#4kobalobasileusPosted 7/12/2014 11:53:40 PM
1. Depends on how many slots your motherboard has and whether you plan to upgrade by adding more. 2. No. 3. Nvidia. 4. If your motherboard supports it, do it.
#5Pepys MonsterPosted 7/13/2014 1:37:06 PM
Always go with two sticks of RAM if doing a new build. Then you can run in dual channel and still upgrade later if you want. --- i7-4790K | EVGA GTX 780 3GB | 16GB G.Skill DDR3-1866 | 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 4TB WD Black HDD | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Antec EA-650 Platinum