This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XIV:ARR

#1NGd72Posted 7/12/2014 4:23:33 PM
How is it?

I played during the beta and bought it day one but only got to lvl 22 due to school and such.

The free welcome back weekend was supposed to be this weekend but got pushed back. When they announced the free weekend tho it got me all impatient.

How is it?

Should I wait for next weekend to try it out for free or just resub for $13?

Currently somewhat playing wow but mostly on a hiatus until WOD.
#2pwnater777Posted 7/12/2014 4:26:28 PM
I enjoy the game. It has a great Final Fantasy feel, while still playing like a quality MMO. I played on PS4, and I really need to resub.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#3_Shikoba_Posted 7/12/2014 4:29:37 PM
It's alright. I loved it when it first released. The end game bores me to tears though. I return every few months to check out the new content, get bored as usual after a couple weeks, and move on to something else.

At least they keep the new content rolling, but the end game is always the same. I haven't tried to latest update yet, looks good, but I imagine it's more of the same.
---
everything you do is a balloon
PSN: Bad_Brains
#4NGd72(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 4:31:08 PM
Think I should resub for a month and see if I like it or wait until next weekend (DESTINY BETA weekend) for the free come back weekend?
#5MaKhaosPosted 7/12/2014 4:36:21 PM
Wait until the Welcome Back Campaign next weekend.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#6_Shikoba_Posted 7/12/2014 4:36:22 PM
NGd72 posted...
Think I should resub for a month and see if I like it or wait until next weekend (DESTINY BETA weekend) for the free come back weekend?

Wait for the free weekend. Better then needless spending. Though Destiny will have my full attention :p just take one evening or day and try some of the new content and see if it's something you can get into doing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until your brain melts and fingers begin to bleed.
---
everything you do is a balloon
PSN: Bad_Brains
#7reincarnator07Posted 7/12/2014 4:54:20 PM
It's probably the best PVE focused MMO that isn't WoW.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#8Ghost_TurtlePosted 7/12/2014 11:28:58 PM
reincarnator07 posted...
It's probably the best PVE focused MMO that isn't WoW.

AAR aint bad, but I think Wildstar holds that title.
---
If I had arms, I would try harder.
PSN: Kozmo14
#9GunSlinger092Posted 7/12/2014 11:45:58 PM
I play a lot of FFXIV, and enjoy it as well. If there's one thing I don't like about it is, how tedious getting one of the end game weapon is.

Yes, I'm talking about that dreaded Atma/Animus/Novus weapons.
#10Tekken9292Posted 7/13/2014 12:19:10 AM
Still a boring WoW-clone instead of trying to be an MMO unto itself with original gameplay.
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.