This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XIV:ARR

#11RequiemPosted 7/12/2014 11:32:38 PM(edited)
Not trying to sound like an ass, but don't most MMO have the same general endgame, raiding bosses and whatnot for gear (PvE or PvP depending on the MMO)?
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#12Tekken9292Posted 7/12/2014 11:37:22 PM(edited)
Most MMO's are WoW-Clones and not some other, less tired sub-genre, yes.
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.
#13XianCePosted 7/13/2014 3:35:04 AM
Final Fantasy is better since it doesn't have cartoon graphics.
---
Nintendo is truly desperate, they're only surviving off nostalgia
#14urtvPosted 7/13/2014 4:48:26 AM
the game is more polished but too many loading screens.pre 2.0 the map was just one huge map.this really killed it for me
#15KOTRwhoopsPosted 7/13/2014 5:00:51 AM
Fun until level 50 then it slips into the repetitive, frustrating, typical MMO bore fest.

I really enjoyed my time with it, played it for a few months, but when I realised how ridiculous the end game was I decided to call it a day.
---
PLAYING - LOZ: Link Between Worlds (3DS), Dark Souls: PTD (PC), Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#16matrix0523Posted 7/13/2014 5:03:14 AM
Unlike WoW, FFXIV actually has content that requires practice and coordination to beat.
#17machetemanPosted 7/13/2014 6:20:37 AM
matrix0523 posted...
Unlike WoW, FFXIV actually has content that only requires a good internet connection to beat

fixd
#18CELTEKKPosted 7/13/2014 7:46:21 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
Fun until level 50 then it slips into the repetitive, frustrating, typical MMO bore fest.

I really enjoyed my time with it, played it for a few months, but when I realised how ridiculous the end game was I decided to call it a day.

This.
---
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay
#19machetemanPosted 7/13/2014 7:53:57 AM
Why play FFXIV endgame when all there is to do is attempt to form a static coil group, or beat your head against a wall in the dungeon/duty finder because most of the fights revolve around dodging laggy, overtuned 1 hit kill mechanics.

No meaningful or enjoyable PvP, crafting hasn't been expanded since release, and leveling an alt is a chore because you are forced to dungeon grind to have any sort of meaningful XP/hour.
#20GM_Posted 7/13/2014 7:58:07 AM
macheteman posted...
Why play FFXIV endgame when all there is to do is attempt to form a static coil group, or beat your head against a wall in the dungeon/duty finder because most of the fights revolve around dodging laggy, overtuned 1 hit kill mechanics.

No meaningful or enjoyable PvP, crafting hasn't been expanded since release, and leveling an alt is a chore because you are forced to dungeon grind to have any sort of meaningful XP/hour.

Well its obvious you haven't played 2.2 or 2.3 at all yet. Frontline is amazingly fun and I spend most of my time doing that now. Anyway this game has improved a lot over the past year so I suggest trying it out during the free weekend. But you won't even get to experience the new content until you're level capped so just sub and try it out for a couple of months.

It's the only mmorpg that has held my attention long enough that I've never once unsubbed. I have 360+ days active subscribed currently.
---
CooperRC: "The 360 and PS3 are just fighting in the special olympics, the PC version is king."