This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XIV:ARR

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XIV:ARR

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
2 years ago#11
Not trying to sound like an ass, but don't most MMO have the same general endgame, raiding bosses and whatnot for gear (PvE or PvP depending on the MMO)?
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
2 years ago#12
Most MMO's are WoW-Clones and not some other, less tired sub-genre, yes.
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

User Info: XianCe

XianCe
2 years ago#13
Final Fantasy is better since it doesn't have cartoon graphics.
Nintendo is truly desperate, they're only surviving off nostalgia

User Info: urtv

urtv
2 years ago#14
the game is more polished but too many loading screens.pre 2.0 the map was just one huge map.this really killed it for me

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
2 years ago#15
Fun until level 50 then it slips into the repetitive, frustrating, typical MMO bore fest.

I really enjoyed my time with it, played it for a few months, but when I realised how ridiculous the end game was I decided to call it a day.
PLAYING - LOZ: Link Between Worlds (3DS), Dark Souls: PTD (PC), Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: matrix0523

matrix0523
2 years ago#16
Unlike WoW, FFXIV actually has content that requires practice and coordination to beat.

User Info: macheteman

macheteman
2 years ago#17
matrix0523 posted...
Unlike WoW, FFXIV actually has content that only requires a good internet connection to beat

fixd

User Info: CELTEKK

CELTEKK
2 years ago#18
KOTRwhoops posted...
Fun until level 50 then it slips into the repetitive, frustrating, typical MMO bore fest.

I really enjoyed my time with it, played it for a few months, but when I realised how ridiculous the end game was I decided to call it a day.

This.
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay

User Info: macheteman

macheteman
2 years ago#19
Why play FFXIV endgame when all there is to do is attempt to form a static coil group, or beat your head against a wall in the dungeon/duty finder because most of the fights revolve around dodging laggy, overtuned 1 hit kill mechanics.

No meaningful or enjoyable PvP, crafting hasn't been expanded since release, and leveling an alt is a chore because you are forced to dungeon grind to have any sort of meaningful XP/hour.

User Info: GM_

GM_
2 years ago#20
macheteman posted...
Why play FFXIV endgame when all there is to do is attempt to form a static coil group, or beat your head against a wall in the dungeon/duty finder because most of the fights revolve around dodging laggy, overtuned 1 hit kill mechanics.

No meaningful or enjoyable PvP, crafting hasn't been expanded since release, and leveling an alt is a chore because you are forced to dungeon grind to have any sort of meaningful XP/hour.

Well its obvious you haven't played 2.2 or 2.3 at all yet. Frontline is amazingly fun and I spend most of my time doing that now. Anyway this game has improved a lot over the past year so I suggest trying it out during the free weekend. But you won't even get to experience the new content until you're level capped so just sub and try it out for a couple of months.

It's the only mmorpg that has held my attention long enough that I've never once unsubbed. I have 360+ days active subscribed currently.
CooperRC: "The 360 and PS3 are just fighting in the special olympics, the PC version is king."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Final Fantasy XIV:ARR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived