This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How bad is Origin

#1Maverick_ReznorPosted 7/12/2014 7:09:42 PM
thinking about grabbing Dragon Age :Inquisition on PC
---
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy 6, Wonderful 101, and Titanfall
Looking Forward To: Destiny, Smash Bros, The Order 1886, and ScaleBound
#2Orestes417Posted 7/12/2014 7:10:53 PM
It's a background program. Most of the time you don't even know it's there unless you open it. Just like steam.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#3watertankPosted 7/12/2014 7:23:54 PM
Better than steam
---
PSN: watertankk
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/muttley1211/bug.gif
#4Hanlo_is_backPosted 7/12/2014 7:25:14 PM
It's not the electronic Hitler it's made out to be. Not exactly great, but it's not bad
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#5ShubPosted 7/12/2014 7:25:42 PM
I've never had any complaints about Origin.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#6PhilOnDezPosted 7/12/2014 7:29:26 PM
On the one hand I like the library tab better than steam's. On the other hand if I had as many games on origin as I do on steam the origin library would be a mess to navigate.

As it is and for what I use it for I don't have a problem with it. It could be better but it could also be a lot (lot lot lot) worse.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7PathlessBulletPosted 7/12/2014 7:34:03 PM
It's steam outputting deceivingly faster download speeds with a collection of EA games available for purchase that almost never go on sale.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#8Orestes417Posted 7/12/2014 7:39:27 PM
Who cares if they go on sale in Origin when they go on sale literally everywhere else? Not that Origin doesn't occasionally have sales and freebies. Seriously though, no one uses any client for the features of the client, they use them for the games that require them.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#9steveboblarryPosted 7/12/2014 8:13:49 PM(edited)
Orestes417 posted...
Who cares if they go on sale in Origin when they go on sale literally everywhere else? Not that Origin doesn't occasionally have sales and freebies. Seriously though, no one uses any client for the features of the client, they use them for the games that require them.

Disclaimer: this man is the EA defender of the forum
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#10TheCommunatorPosted 7/12/2014 8:16:20 PM
watertank posted...
Better than steam