This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats happening with Crytek is a perfect example of what happens...

#150inchDLPPosted 7/12/2014 11:18:21 PM
When you abandon your fanbase that put you famous. Crysis was THE PC game when it came out and held the graphics crown for more years than just about any game ever. Crysis what a real testament to us PC gamers as it was clearly made with only the PC in mind and did not have any limits in scope because of that. Us Crysis fans were salivating for a new crysis to see another AMAZING cutting edge PC game that had the open world gameplay that made Crysis so great to play. The they announced Crysis 2 would be on consoles as well.................... that's where they screwed up. because of the switch from PC exclusive to multiplatform limited the scope of the game. Result was Crysis 2 which was the biggest disappointment of the decade. It may take the top spot for a game that degraded soooooo badly going from first game to second game. It became a COD clone instead of the amazing open world and varied gameplay.

So of course by Crysis 3 we did not trust them anymore. plain and simple... we saw it was once again on the ancient ass consoles therefore limited. I eventually did pick up Crysis 3 but only when i found it on sale for 7.50.

Now imagine if Crysis 2 follwed in Crysis footsteps! It would have sold TONS. I say this because between Crysis 1 and Crysis 2's release dates the PC gaming market exploded. if crysis 2 was a PC exclusive up to the first games standards then Crysis 3 would have sold even more yet because by the time 3 came out the PC gaming market really exploded.

Also the funny thing is Crysis 1 is partly responsible for the increased popularity for PC gaming by showing just how dated the current gens hardware really was which pushed many people to game on the PC.

Shows it never pays to betray your true fans!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#2Madmax1985Posted 7/12/2014 11:21:12 PM
50inchDLP posted...
All we pc gamers care about is graphics.....
GRAPHICS HURR DURR THE GRAPHIX... YOU SEE DEEZ GRAPHIX? OH YEAH YOU SEE DEEZ GRAPHIX HAHAH GRAPHICS!

Crytek produces tech demos...But piss poor excuses for "Games".
---
"Because you aren't allowed to be excited about anything anymore. Welcome to trollfaqs. -Sparkitup"
#3JiazhenPosted 7/12/2014 11:27:03 PM
I hear people echo off of each other about crysis being a tech demo. What are they basing this off of? Crysis 1 is a fine game and Crysis 2 & 3's mediocre graphics would make a lousy tech demo.
---
FX 8320 | XFX 280X | 8GB | GA-990FXA-UD5 | EVO 250GB | 3TB | HX620 | Carbide 200r
#4wentzelotPosted 7/12/2014 11:33:29 PM
i agree. so is dragon age 2
#550inchDLP(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 12:50:30 AM
Madmax1985 posted...
50inchDLP posted...
All we pc gamers care about is graphics.....
GRAPHICS HURR DURR THE GRAPHIX... YOU SEE DEEZ GRAPHIX? OH YEAH YOU SEE DEEZ GRAPHIX HAHAH GRAPHICS!

Crytek produces tech demos...But piss poor excuses for "Games".

Crysis was a very good game IMO. easily 9/10 in my book. Crysis 2 was more 4.5/10 literally IMO. Crysis 3 was a solid 7/10 but too little to late.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#6TehPwnzererPosted 7/13/2014 1:03:26 AM
Can you please explain to me what was remotely good about the original Crysis? I mean other than being a tech demo showing off the power of the PC. I want to know what made it a half way decent GAME.
#7jernasPosted 7/13/2014 1:11:14 AM
"Crysis was THE PC game when it came out"

lol
---
uh
#8GTL581Posted 7/13/2014 1:17:16 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...
Can you please explain to me what was remotely good about the original Crysis? I mean other than being a tech demo showing off the power of the PC. I want to know what made it a half way decent GAME.

maybe that it was a lot of fun? what makes a game good? surely not the amount of entertainment one gets out of it... no, that would be blasphemy. and i'm willing to be there was NO ONE who enjoyed playing crysis 1. probably not one person.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#9JiazhenPosted 7/13/2014 1:18:54 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...

based on your statement, any rational explanation will likely fall on deaf ears. You've already made up your mind.
---
FX 8320 | XFX 280X | 8GB | GA-990FXA-UD5 | EVO 250GB | 3TB | HX620 | Carbide 200r
#10Pepys MonsterPosted 7/13/2014 1:22:18 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...

Have you even played it? Probably not since you're a console gamer. It was a great game. It didn't just have graphics, it had physics and new gameplay concepts.
---
i7-4790K | EVGA GTX 780 3GB | 16GB G.Skill DDR3-1866 | 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 4TB WD Black HDD | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Antec EA-650 Platinum