This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats happening with Crytek is a perfect example of what happens...

#2150inchDLP(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 3:28:21 AM
Askeladd posted...
While abandoning your core fan-base is rarely advisable, I am pretty sure Crytek went under because all of its recent releases were commercial flops, mostly due to the games being lackluster.

The point of this topic flew over your head. They were flops because they were console games. If they stuck to the PC exclusive they would have raked in the bread and been rich.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#22Lemur_HPosted 7/13/2014 3:32:27 AM
Crysis sucks.
#23Daz_man123Posted 7/13/2014 3:33:19 AM
I agree. Crytek could've added so much more and made an amazing game. They took two steps forward and one step back.
#24XtremeWRATH360Posted 7/13/2014 3:36:35 AM
They own the Timesplitters IP but refused to utilize it, bunch of idiots.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#25iBlackice25Posted 7/13/2014 3:54:14 AM
Its just really sad how much of an elitist people can be.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX/PSN: sky_Pharaoh
dustloop: Legion13/Steam: sky_Pharaoh
#26Lonestar2000Posted 7/13/2014 3:56:54 AM
Ningishzida posted...
The people dissing Crysis 1 are the poor, bitter ones whose PC broke down trying to run Crysis when it first came out, and who STILL don't have a PC capable of running it.

How PATHETIC

No, the levels were smaller than Far Cry's and the aliens were a lot more annoying to fight than the Trigens.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#27CarpetfluffPosted 7/13/2014 4:05:15 AM
Pepys Monster posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
Can you please explain to me what was remotely good about the original Crysis? I mean other than being a tech demo showing off the power of the PC. I want to know what made it a half way decent GAME.

Have you even played it? Probably not since you're a console gamer. It was a great game. It didn't just have graphics, it had physics and new gameplay concepts.

It does exist on console too you know? Also what felt like huge and amazing levels then now feel, whilst still better than corridors, quite tightly reigned in by today's standards. You are still being funnelled from A to B, you just have slightly more scope for approach, but plenty of games have done that since.
#28claytonbuckleyPosted 7/13/2014 4:21:59 AM(edited)
Crysis 1 was a good game? Sure it was great, till the aliens showed up. Then it was a mediocre tech demo disguised as a shooter.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#29Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/13/2014 4:20:21 AM
Crysis was just a tech demo meant to attract potential customers for Crytek's engine. As if anyone could care about the sad decrepit platform that is now the PC.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#30godplaysSNESPosted 7/13/2014 4:28:50 AM
It's just naive to think that Crytek goes under because of supporting the consoles. For all what we know, it could have happened alot earlier if Crytek just relied on the PC market.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!