This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats happening with Crytek is a perfect example of what happens...

#41highwindmtPosted 7/13/2014 6:26:21 AM
50inchDLP posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
It's just naive to think that Crytek goes under because of supporting the consoles. For all what we know, it could have happened alot earlier if Crytek just relied on the PC market.

Nope. If all the work and money from making a game on 3 platforms was instead put to making grand releases for Crysis 2 and 3 on PC only they would have sold more each game.

Yes exactly....except you have absolutely no proof of that. Crysis was such a big deal that Crysis 2 would have sold the same on PC regardless of if it was exclusive or not. Hindsight is always 20/20.

And last time I checked releasing on 3 systems provides a bigger install base, and therefor more potential sales. Crysis 2 sold like crap because Crysis sucked, not because it was being held down by consoles.
---
PSN: insane_method
GT: FozzieBearr
#42CrissaegrimPosted 7/13/2014 6:27:56 AM
wentzelot posted...
i agree. so is dragon age 2

And Battlefield, Simcity, Hitman, Thief, Shadowrun (2007), The Syndicate, Diablo.
#43Ikari GendoPosted 7/13/2014 6:32:02 AM
My guess is Crytek was expecting a lot of sales to license the Cryengine, but for whatever reason, the engine wasn't that popular.

Also, Crysis was a great game. Not perfect, but had beautiful immersion and varied gameplay. Way better than 2, which discouraged me from playing 3.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#44CruorComaPosted 7/13/2014 6:57:58 AM
50inchDLP posted...
Now imagine if Crysis 2 follwed in Crysis footsteps!

What footsteps? Being so horribly optimised that to run on Ultra settings actually gives one E-Peen?
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#45GoldninjaPosted 7/13/2014 7:04:29 AM
Crysis relied on your play style. If you thought it was boring, then your play style is likely boring. The game had plenty of options to suit however you felt like playing the game. Plus, your punches felt like punches.it didn't feel like hitting a brick wall, taking off a sliver of health. They were actually weapons.

It's not an open world game and was never touted as such. It's expansive enough to give you options, but no one said that it wasn't from point a to point b. Arkham City is just as linear. It's just expansive, but you still go from mission to mission in a linear fashion to complete the story.

As for the "tech demo" stuff, it just sounds like butt hurt to me. Just because it had great graphics doesn't mean it was a bad game. that's a silly notion and that's exactly what it sounds like.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#46Timbo418Posted 7/13/2014 7:13:03 AM
Crysis was great until the end. Everything after escaping from the ceph ship was garbage.
---
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
#47temgunPosted 7/13/2014 7:14:41 AM
Strange that people bash Crysis as a game. It's really solid and I love how it's actually pretty challenging compared to most stuff today, reminds me of Far Cry 1. This is why you actually need to use all the tools you have and think how to approach each situation. I hated that Crysis 2 was so easy, stealth worked way too well and there was only really one way to approach to every situation.
#48SpazH3dPosted 7/13/2014 7:19:32 AM
How many times can you really milk the open-ended jungle setting? Apparently forever. Have any of you played FarCry 1 and Crisis 1, and can compare them? I bet Crisis is downgraded in gameplay from FarCry 1.

But anyway! Just be glad that the Crysis games are so moddable. We will get more PC-centric developers in the future.
---
- My vision is augmented
#49highflyer_01Posted 7/13/2014 7:21:52 AM
Your tears sustain me, tc.
#50GoldninjaPosted 7/13/2014 7:22:05 AM
SpazH3d posted...
How many times can you really milk the open-ended jungle setting? Apparently forever. Have any of you played FarCry 1 and Crisis 1, and can compare them? I bet Crisis is downgraded in gameplay from FarCry 1.

But anyway! Just be glad that the Crysis games are so moddable. We will get more PC-centric developers in the future.

So you've never actually played it. can't say I'm surprised.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus