This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would be the "best" video streaming software?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would be the "best" video streaming software?
1 year ago#1
If I am trying to use my 2 PS3's as receivers in my living room/bedroom with my PC in the basement? What would you recommend?
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
1 year ago#2
For Playstation consoles I use PS3 Media Server. I like it quite a bit, it's fairly simple but serves its purpose well.
---
Now Playing: Diablo III Reaper of Souls (PC), Dragon Age Origins (PC), FIFA 14 (PS4)
1 year ago#3
Anything "mulit platform"? If I want to stream to other devices?
---
1 year ago#4
What are you streaming to (besides the ps3)?

I use Plex because of my mobiles, chromecast, etc. which I believe also works with the ps3 and others.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
1 year ago#5
betatech posted...

I use Plex because of my mobiles, chromecast, etc. which I believe also works with the ps3 and others.

Well I will be streaming to the ps3's mostly but I would like to do my android tablet and as well as my wifi enabled lg tv. You think Plex is a good program?
---
1 year ago#6
Windows Media Player can do it.
---
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel, of your destruction.
I am perversion. Secret desire. I am your future, swallowed up in fire.
1 year ago#7
For the PC, you can use stuff like FRAPS, it's easy to configure and will stream anything. I do like Open Broadcast Software, but some programs can be finicky to get displayed, like some emulators are a hassle to set up. Overall FRAPs is good, but if you're going to save a video, it's uncompressed and will take several gigs until you run it through a compression program.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
1 year ago#8
almightydun posted...
betatech posted...

Well I will be streaming to the ps3's mostly but I would like to do my android tablet and as well as my wifi enabled lg tv. You think Plex is a good program?

In that case only if you want to stream remotely (main reason I started using it) and/or want to transcode stuff and PS3MS doesn't work (it's been a while since I used the latter though but I think it was more flexible setup wise).

Main downside to Plex is that the official Android client costs money (about 3) but it's still a local media player for free.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
1 year ago#9
obs
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
1 year ago#10
akuma634 posted...
For the PC, you can use stuff like FRAPS, it's easy to configure and will stream anything. I do like Open Broadcast Software, but some programs can be finicky to get displayed, like some emulators are a hassle to set up. Overall FRAPs is good, but if you're going to save a video, it's uncompressed and will take several gigs until you run it through a compression program.

LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
obs

Wrong type of streaming.
---
The terms 'JRPG' and 'WRPG' are stupid.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would be the "best" video streaming software?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived