This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would be the "best" video streaming software?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would be the "best" video streaming software?
2 years ago#1
If I am trying to use my 2 PS3's as receivers in my living room/bedroom with my PC in the basement? What would you recommend?
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
2 years ago#2
For Playstation consoles I use PS3 Media Server. I like it quite a bit, it's fairly simple but serves its purpose well.
Now Playing: Diablo III Reaper of Souls (PC), Dragon Age Origins (PC), FIFA 14 (PS4)
2 years ago#3
Anything "mulit platform"? If I want to stream to other devices?
2 years ago#4
What are you streaming to (besides the ps3)?

I use Plex because of my mobiles, chromecast, etc. which I believe also works with the ps3 and others.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
2 years ago#5
betatech posted...

I use Plex because of my mobiles, chromecast, etc. which I believe also works with the ps3 and others.

Well I will be streaming to the ps3's mostly but I would like to do my android tablet and as well as my wifi enabled lg tv. You think Plex is a good program?
2 years ago#6
Windows Media Player can do it.
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel, of your destruction.
I am perversion. Secret desire. I am your future, swallowed up in fire.
2 years ago#7
For the PC, you can use stuff like FRAPS, it's easy to configure and will stream anything. I do like Open Broadcast Software, but some programs can be finicky to get displayed, like some emulators are a hassle to set up. Overall FRAPs is good, but if you're going to save a video, it's uncompressed and will take several gigs until you run it through a compression program.
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
2 years ago#8
almightydun posted...
betatech posted...

Well I will be streaming to the ps3's mostly but I would like to do my android tablet and as well as my wifi enabled lg tv. You think Plex is a good program?

In that case only if you want to stream remotely (main reason I started using it) and/or want to transcode stuff and PS3MS doesn't work (it's been a while since I used the latter though but I think it was more flexible setup wise).

Main downside to Plex is that the official Android client costs money (about 3) but it's still a local media player for free.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
2 years ago#9
obs
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
2 years ago#10
akuma634 posted...
For the PC, you can use stuff like FRAPS, it's easy to configure and will stream anything. I do like Open Broadcast Software, but some programs can be finicky to get displayed, like some emulators are a hassle to set up. Overall FRAPs is good, but if you're going to save a video, it's uncompressed and will take several gigs until you run it through a compression program.

LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
obs

Wrong type of streaming.
The terms 'JRPG' and 'WRPG' are stupid.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would be the "best" video streaming software?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived