This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games in which enemies are so powerful, you have to be smart?

#21ajko000Posted 7/13/2014 5:02:57 PM
Portal 2

In all seriosness though, I'd say games like Halo on Legendary. While you may be just Plasma Charging everything, it does still take some planning. You need to eliminate Grunts first, and follow up and blah blah blah.

Pikmin? In some ways, not so much though.

Hmm.... I haven't played super difficult games lately :i.
---
I have OCD, so I close all my topics once I'm done with them.
#22LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/13/2014 5:04:39 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Not even close to what I said. And actually not a single person in this topic claimed any mentioned game was easy, except for you two Dark Souls derps getting offended before anyone even said anything. 10/10 for that

so mad
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#23Bigj089Posted 7/13/2014 5:05:06 PM
Ningishzida posted...
That1Guyy posted...
I want to say the STALKER series applies, but there definitely are situations where the AI just makes amazingly dumb decisions, although I guess that can apply to most games.

The AI being dumb is irrelevant, TC asked for games where the enemies are powerful, so the player has to put thought in.

Many of these STALKER enemies are powerful and can't be taken down without a bit of thought, first:

http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_mutants

Speaking of STALKER, you had a look at Lost Alpha yet? Heard they just had a big update recently.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#24TimePharaohPosted 7/13/2014 5:06:39 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Not even close to what I said. And actually not a single person in this topic claimed any mentioned game was easy, except for you two Dark Souls derps getting offended before anyone even said anything. 10/10 for that

so mad

I'm mad because you're a derp?

lol

Go back to League of Legends
#25LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/13/2014 5:13:53 PM(edited)
so mad
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#26That1GuyyPosted 7/13/2014 5:35:29 PM
Ningishzida posted...
The AI being dumb is irrelevant, TC asked for games where the enemies are powerful, so the player has to put thought in.

Many of these STALKER enemies are powerful and can't be taken down without a bit of thought, first:

http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_mutants

I think intelligence plays a very important role in power. An enemy that can destroy you instantly isn't much of a threat if it's too stupid to leverage that power. The game's mutants don't require complex intelligence to leverage their power, which leaves almost all of them in a dangerous class to the player. My comment was directed mostly towards the human enemies. I feel they often make tactically unsound decisions if you don't push them and leave them to enter their "search mode" as you might call it when they try to push your position after losing line of sight.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#27Arcadia__personPosted 7/13/2014 6:33:31 PM
zog79 posted...
The binding of isaac.

Seriously, this.
You have to play (very) smart, or you're dead.
Playing smart already ? you're dead anyway.

Gotta disagree here. I like the game, and it is definitely challenging, but you don't need to play "smart." There's no deep strategy or intelligence to the game. Success comes from quick reflexes and a few lucky powerup rolls.
---
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
#28NingishzidaPosted 7/13/2014 9:26:55 PM
That1Guyy posted...
I think intelligence plays a very important role in power. An enemy that can destroy you instantly isn't much of a threat if it's too stupid to leverage that power. The game's mutants don't require complex intelligence to leverage their power, which leaves almost all of them in a dangerous class to the player. My comment was directed mostly towards the human enemies. I feel they often make tactically unsound decisions if you don't push them and leave them to enter their "search mode" as you might call it when they try to push your position after losing line of sight.

Well, you didn't say you were only talking about human enemies. Mutants are definitely more powerful than the player, they have psionic abilities, move blindingly fast, can cloak themselves and possess insane ballistic dmg reduction. The fact that with each entry in the Wiki there is an article on how to tackle these guys, proves they fit the bill about what TC is asking for. Therefore, STALKER is a good enough answer despite AI being exploitable and humans being nowhere near as deadly (though, we must admit here, the whiners often complain about them being crackshots)...
#29SteamsterPosted 7/13/2014 10:39:05 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
so mad

I can't believe this day is here. TimePharoah making someone else look bad. Jesus man, you should be ashamed of yourself, this is bad...

Arcadia__person posted...
zog79 posted...
The binding of isaac.

Seriously, this.
You have to play (very) smart, or you're dead.
Playing smart already ? you're dead anyway.

Gotta disagree here. I like the game, and it is definitely challenging, but you don't need to play "smart." There's no deep strategy or intelligence to the game. Success comes from quick reflexes and a few lucky powerup rolls.

The fact that CobaltStreak and some other people can go hundreds of wins in a row is how you know that playing smart counts. He literally went 500-0 on a fresh file. You don't get that from "lucky powerup rolls."
#30KaushadPosted 7/13/2014 11:44:04 PM
EU4 with ai bonuses as albania
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.