This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games in which enemies are so powerful, you have to be smart?

#41datopgamerPosted 7/14/2014 6:49:47 AM
Ghost and Goblins have annoying enemies but mostly they are just spammed at you. The tough ones are the damn demons that are hard as hell to hit.

As for smart enemies go, I haven't found a game that meets this requirement. Most games just have enemies that take more hits at higher difficulty. Mgs series comes close but it relies on stealth so at higher difficulties you will lose if you're seen.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#42WygunPosted 7/14/2014 6:53:31 AM
Kings Bounty.
#43Richardthe3rdPosted 7/14/2014 6:59:47 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Shinobi on PS2.

You win this thread.

Shinobi PS2 is such an amazing game, and was brutal. You had to deal with the constant pressure of the sword timer which would encourage you to take risks you wouldn't normally. It made the AI almost irrelevant as the biggest threat was failing to chain kills together or moving too slowly.

Not to mention several of the boss fights, especially the last one, were brutally difficult.
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO
#44VindrisPosted 7/14/2014 7:14:21 AM
Civ 5 on Deity

cy@
#45Arcadia__personPosted 7/14/2014 11:03:46 AM
zog79 posted...
Arcadia__person posted...
zog79 posted...
The binding of isaac.

Seriously, this.
You have to play (very) smart, or you're dead.
Playing smart already ? you're dead anyway.

Gotta disagree here. I like the game, and it is definitely challenging, but you don't need to play "smart." There's no deep strategy or intelligence to the game. Success comes from quick reflexes and a few lucky powerup rolls.

The fact that CobaltStreak and some other people can go hundreds of wins in a row is how you know that playing smart counts. He literally went 500-0 on a fresh file. You don't get that from "lucky powerup rolls."

Exactly my point.

OK, clearly you can get skilled enough that you don't need luck. That isn't even close to being evidence that playing smart matters.

Usain Bolt will beat me in a race 500 out of 500 times. Doesn't mean he's racing "smarter" than me.
---
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
#46chandl34Posted 7/14/2014 11:06:03 AM
Baldur's Gate 1/2, especially with SCS installed.

Pretty much any turn-based tactical game, or even JRPGs if you do low-level runs.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#47Worknofun370Posted 7/14/2014 11:14:13 AM
SC2 Campaign on Brutal.

SC2 Against Elite (Hard until you get good enough to beat it... then it's easy. If that makes sense)
#48LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/14/2014 11:21:22 AM
Steamster posted...
I can't believe this day is here. TimePharoah making someone else look bad. Jesus man, you should be ashamed of yourself, this is bad...

So now 2 random anonymous strangers on the internet think I, a random anonymous stranger on the internet to them, look bad.
I'm not going to remember either of your account names after this and I'm hoping you can at least say the same about me. With that in mind I ask you: What's the point?
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#49Worknofun370Posted 7/14/2014 11:23:44 AM
LordOfLegacies posted...
I'm not going to remember either of your account names after this and I'm hoping you can at least say the same about me.

I can't speak for them. But I for sure remember account names of people who have said things I find to be completely idiotic. I don't think i'm special in that regard. (Note: not saying what you said was completely idiotic, never played the game so I have no idea.)
#50Bane766Posted 7/14/2014 11:28:00 AM
Most games, on higher difficulty settings, you need to be 'smarter' about how you approach enemies-some games better reflexes help, also. However...you don't have to be 'smart' as the 'average joe' can do it, and average is not 'smart'.

I suppose some puzzle games require semi decent intelligence, but, again most can be finished by the 'average joe'.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort